on 31 January 2018
In my opinion, this is a well-written and well-directed script. I love the dynamics between the actors and, having watched season 1 and 2, I will be purchasing season 4. Often follow up seasons are not as good as the first one/ones but this one doesn't disappoint. It has a good balance between not being too cheesy or melodramatic and not leaving you depressed after watching it.
The only hard thing is trying not to watch it all at once!
on 2 February 2015
the story lines are not as good as in previous series, and it is beginning to get a bit boring, all men in this series seem to be either idiots or bastards, whereas the women are wonderful but undermined by bad men and drink. It is still watchable but formulaic.
on 10 July 2014
Suranne and Lesley work so well together! The other major supporting and main characters complement each and everyone!
Got to say though I don't know if the interview techniques used by the actors are a result of researching their roles or has they personally saw as a way to portray the character but they made me sit up and take notice, reminds me of the medical profession and how they have to detach them saves emotionally from what's happening! Hope there's a few more series to come! Keep up the good writing!
on 24 March 2014
It's a good thing that this police team can function in spite of their messed up lives. Love the interraction between all of the characters. Explainations move fast so I watch the whole series at least twice before I put it away to haul out again for future enjoyment. I don't usually like the dark side of police work but these characters are so compelling to watch that I am hooked.
on 31 January 2016
Only one or two TV police dramas make you feel that the writer(s) have really studies proper police practice and correct investigation procedures., "Vera" is one, "Shetland" is another, but "Scott and Bailey" is the best by far. Superb casting. Wonderful scripts and direction. 5 stars without hesitation.
on 26 September 2013
Scott & Baily. Excellent series, great story line .Short loop & long loop story line. Buy you will enjoy it, best if you start from season 1.
on 2 August 2014
All I can say on this is I watched all three series in as many days so that in my mind says it all . Everyone in the series are good and I've read that they will be making series four in 2015 . Hope this is true as I can't wait for them to come back . Needless to say would definetly recommend .
on 5 November 2014
Excellent production!! Easy to hear (minimum of music, if any). Nice steady camera work - on tripods or dollies. No mobile cameras hand-held by operators seemingly stumbling out of the pub at 11pm. No distractions therefore, you feel part of it! Brilliant casting, all very believable.
on 3 September 2015
We're only through the third show but are pleased with it. The new writers made the shows a little more involved but we're getting used to it and the acting along with the plots keep you coming back!
on 8 February 2018