- Paperback: 88 pages
- Publisher: Struik Publishers (1 Jun. 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1868728048
- ISBN-13: 978-1868728046
- Product Dimensions: 14.8 x 0.7 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,049,691 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Scorpions of Southern Africa Paperback – 1 Jun 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Although Southern Africa is one of the best places on earth to see and study scorpions, little information is generally available on these misunderstood and often persecuted creatures. "Scorpions of Southern Africa" is both a field guide to the identification of the more common and visible of Southern Africa's rich fauna of 130 scorpion species and a description of the physiology and ecology of scorpions. It dispels myths that portray scorpions as deadly venomous animals to be killed on sight, and offers an intriguing insight into the amazing adaptations that have enabled scorpions to survive over millions of years. Layman's terms are used as far as possible, and a glossary of more complicated terminology is provided. Distribution maps and photographs are given for over 50 Southern African species as well as practical information about where to look for scorpions and how best to handle these often feared creatures.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Insects & Spiders
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Arachnids
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Invertebrates > Insects
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Animal Sciences