- Hardcover: 448 pages
- Publisher: Nesma Books (1 Dec. 1961)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 8170592119
- ISBN-13: 978-8170592112
- Product Dimensions: 17.7 x 3.1 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,033,567 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Science of Yoga: The Yoga-Sutras of Patanjali in Sanskrit with Transliteration in Roman, Translation & Commentary in English Hardcover – 1 Dec 1961
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Patanjali's Yoga-sutras is considered to be the most authoritative treatise on Yoga. Condensed in one hundred and ninety-six aphorisms or sutras are the essential philosophy and technique of Yoga. Over the centuries, scholars and teachers of Yoga have attempted to expand these sutras with commentaries and explanations. This is a comprehensive work giving the text of the Yoga-sutras in Sanskrit, transliteration in Roman, followed by a translation and commentary. It covers the fields of evolution, the unfoldment of consciousness, the practical approach to a spiritual way of life, the unravelling of the great mystery of existence, and the culminating experience of samadhi, the goal of the kingly science of Yoga. Presents to the serious student the fundamental teachings of Yoga, its science, philosophy and technique, in the light of modern thought.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Fitness & Exercise > Yoga
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Bible > Commentaries > Letters
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Hinduism > Sutras
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Science & Religion
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Sacred Texts