- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Templeton Foundation Press,U.S.; 2nd Revised edition edition (Dec. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 193203174X
- ISBN-13: 978-1932031744
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 1.8 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,567,143 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Science and the Renewal of Belief Paperback – 1 Dec 2004
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"[F]or anyone interested in questions of value, ethics, and social responsibility in science, here is a bold book by a scientist who has equipped himself theologically and philosophically. He does not duck the obvious and difficult questions. ... [H]ere are all the issues in twenty-two short and attractively written chapters... I read with fascination."
About the Author
Russell Stannard is emeritus professor of physics at the Open University, the United Kingdom's largest university. Besides contributing to the science/religion dialogue himself, he has written best-selling books introducing children to modern science, and is a well-known television and radio broadcaster.
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Evolutionary Psychology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Theology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Evolution
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks