- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Science And Practice Of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Science & Practice) (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Science and Practice) Paperback – 26 Jun 1986
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Title: Science and Practice of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy <>Binding: Paperback <>Author: David M Clark <>Publisher: OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS ACADEM
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is a very good introduction into CBT and covers the history behind the "science" of CBT as well as typical uses and with specific disorders which is always a good thing.
Because it is over 10 years old it is also quite nice to read the conclusion on how CBT will grow and become more mainstream due to the more rigorous application of research than other therapy models and how spot on this prediction was.
Here is a book dedicated to the memory of Michael Gelder who has inspired and helped apply a model that helps people get better and it is a very fitting book. It has a great chapter by Chris Fairburn on eating disorders and this is what reminded me to pick this up and give it a quick review. Chris Fairburn has helped many people get better and has continued his work with eating disorders - you can get loads of information from his oxford university website and download the eating disorder questionnaires and much more for free. He and his team also offer specialised training if this is what you're interested in.
Anyway, back to the book, it consists of lots of different chapters written by heavyweights in the CBT field and even the foreword is by Aaron Beck. Lots of useful tables of info such as 6 core techniques within the chapter on depression and it is useful to have a book like this as a resource.
Although there are lots of newer books than this - my copy was bought in 2007 and 12th reprint so lots of people must like it - including me. So if you're interested in CBT then this is a good starting point.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Cognition & Cognitive Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychiatry