on 1 April 2013
I have to buy this every so often as I love playing with it with my daughter, but I don't think it's really designed for use by an adult. After a while the gears (or whatever is inside them) starts to slip and they break. I love these though, showing the gyro affect as you hold it by the knob, or putting plastic dolls cups on the knob and watching them spin round. Baby Jennifer loves it and the humming noise too.

A brilliant old school traditional toy. Don't expect it to last long if an adult uses it all the time!
on 26 November 2013
The top is supposed to have " humming" effect to it when spinning. It just about "hums" a bit when an adult manages to spin it hard enough. The one I had delivered is not for a kid to get any joy or fun out from it.
on 7 May 2013
My 7 month old loves this as does his 3 year old brother!! Great to have a toy that isn't plastic or battery powered and the humming noise gets the wee one's attention. Great gift.
on 21 July 2009
I bought this for my 19mnth old boy after I broke a previous similar one with a rather energetic attempt at setting a new spinning speed record (the things fathers do for a gold star!). I was not disappointed by this product that has lovely pictures of circus animals on the side. My son is delighted with this replacement and as far as educational value, I have learned my lesson and will try not to become too excited when interacting with this toy. Great value for money and fabulous service from the company.
on 15 May 2013
my little boy loves this, it is so pretty and makes a lovely noise. it takes me back to my own childhood as toys like this are few and far between now a days
on 30 December 2013
old fashioned and greatly appreciated by parents and children alike. This together with a kaleiderscope were hits of Christmas. The old things still please.
on 15 January 2013
excellent present for my grandson to keep and pass onto his children colourful and a traditional toy can't fault from buying to receiving
on 26 May 2013
Brought for my Grandsons second birthday and the internal workings broke within two days, no excessive force used very disappointed
on 30 April 2016
This is the most fun when you turn the base the wrong way
It moves all over kids love it at high speeds it make a noise
on 27 October 2013
the top is very bright and i am sure that my two gran-sons will be delighted with them on christmas day