Customer reviews

on 19 July 2017
I bought these tyres as I was getting so fed up with having punctures.
Averaging at least 2 per week, sometimes getting 2 on a single journey.
I was appalled at their weight when they were delivered!
HOWEVER and it is a big however I am now 1000 miles in and no punctures!!
I have stopped even carrying my previous puncture repair kit and now just carry 1 spare inner tube.
So I have managed to reclaim some of the extra weight.
I have actually even changed my riding style and have stopped avoiding glass and other road obstacles, I simply go over them with these tyres.
This has made me a safer cyclist as I am able to simply go straighter.
I even hit a pothole the other day that was so bad I thought I broken my wheel and yet these tyres allowed me to continue on wards with no issues.
With my previous tyres this 1 pothole would have blown both the inner-tube and tyre.
For a long puncture free journey I would not hesitate to recommend, however the weight is an issue although getting less as I complete more puncture free miles.
on 18 September 2017
Brilliant tyre for the commute to work. Yes they do feel a bit heavy and remote at first, but I am not racing on them. What they have ensured, is that I am not pushing my bike too and from work. I am on my second set and my first set suffered no punctures in two years. Good enough for me. They are not too difficult to fit, you can do it by hand alone. However, be careful not to trap the inner tube between the rim and the tyre wall, this will cause a nip puncture. I think a few negative reviews may be due to this. Take care with inflation to ensure that the tyre is seated on the rim properly, you may need a couple of goes at this. The wire in the tyre means that there is not as much 'give' as in a non wired tyre. Once on it will give you trouble free commuting. I recommend the Schwalbe inner tubes too. They give superior air retention. I also run with slime inside from the start should disaster strike! I can leave my bike either at work or home and go to it confident that the tyres are still up! Peace of mind when winter is coming. Will not stop some prat sticking a Phillips screwdriver through the sidewall, hence the second set, but damn near perfect.
on 16 September 2014
Brilliant tyres for on/off road.
For road only riding I put 70psi in them (the max recommended on the tyre) and they roll effortlessly.
Great also off road - obviously they don't grip in the mud, but they are robust and have never punctured.
I have done many miles on allsorts of terrain and they still have lots of wear left in them.
Much better than my previous Specialized Armadillos which split round the side walls at only 60psi.
Will buy again when these eventually wear out.
on 30 December 2015
I have been using Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres for years. They do what they say; they are great. However this particular tyre is advertised as 26 x 1 3/8. The tyre is marked that way, but it is too big for my 26" wheels. NB. Existing 26" tyres fit fine. Really suspect that these are not 26" tyres. If somebody can confirm what size they really are I might use them on another bike. Puzzled!!!
on 22 January 2015
Great tyre. A bit heavier than cheap Kenda ones, but certainly more durable and worth paying extra for. Had one for front tyre and in a month bought second one for the rear. Drives nice on wet or mud.
on 27 November 2014
this my fourth marathon plus tyre, on 2 bikes, which I use on my commute to work bike.
I cycling over 6k miles a year and for peace of mind this is the best tyre on market
other reviews are brilliant. It is first class and have yet to have a 'P'
on 17 December 2014
So far so good! Hope it last, no puncture touch wood, my tires are a lot heavier compare to the GatorSkin I had, but you know what I'll choose reliability over speed, I cover a long journey on a single ride (18 miles) and I hope these will have me covered for a while.
on 15 August 2012
Bought for a longer distance cycle where I didn't want to phaff with punctures and did the job - no punctures despite lots of not very good roads. Apparently quite a bit heavier than other tyres but on a heavily laden touring bike I can't say I noticed. Seemed to hold the road well in the wet, too.
on 11 June 2017
Good looking tyre with a reflective stripe. One star knocked off as it was a really tight fit on the wheel - quite a wrestle to get it fitted.
on 10 July 2017
Not very good as after 5 months I have something wrong in it it looks like it is going to pop up I don't thing that is normal, I don't know how to contact the seller because I think it could even be a factory imperfection
review image