- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Schrader on Schrader Paperback – 4 Mar 2004
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Schrader on Schrader features in-depth discussion between Kevin Jackson and Paul Schrader, screenwriter for Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Scorsese's The Last Temptation.
From the Back Cover
Raised as a Calvinist and hence forbidden to partake of 'worldly pleasures' such as movies, Paul Schrader nevertheless defied his upbringing to become first a leading film critic, then a star pupil among the US 'movie brat' generation of the 1970s: writing the coruscating screenplays for Scorsese's Taxi Driver' and Raging Bull' and directing such provocative pictures as Blue Collar', Hardcore' and American Gigolo'. Maturity has never sated his appetite for attacking 'difficult' material, from adapting Kazantzakis' The Last Temptation' for Scorsese, to filming the singular lives of Mishima and Patty Hearst.
Schrader on Schrader' is a tour through this formidable body of work, including some of Schrader's finest critical essays, and updating the story to include his recent successes Affliction' and Auto Focus', plus his adventures in the making of the long-awaited horror 'prequel' Exorcist: The Beginning'.See all Product description
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
1975, Taxi Driver was released in '76, he had a hand in writing Rolling Thunder, released in '77, then went on to direct Blue Collar and Hardcore by
the end of the decade.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > United States
- Books > Biography > Theatre & Performance Art
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Biographies & Memoirs
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Screenwriting
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism