on 15 May 2013
Love the shape with straight edge to it fits close to patio wall

Would really recommend this to any one plus good price.
on 13 September 2013
This is a smaller size parasol, tiltable if you slide up a little metal sleeve near the top, not immediately obvious, you need to look carefully. It is ideal for a small space and for one or two persons; you would need a bigger one for covering a space of any size. It is well constructed, one of the few we have had that has not broken its spokes, and the scalloped edges let the wind blow across the top rather than collecting inside and possibly blowing it up and away. Ours is in a base filled with concrete, which we find makes it very stable, though the pole does have a ground spike. I would have given it five stars except that that it would be easier to fit the pole in a base or pre-sunk hole if it were thicker.
on 26 July 2014
Seems made of good quality materials. Although the height locking wheel feels a little flimsy.

It does give adequate shade from harsh sun light.

I found that it tended to spin around in the base holder, unless I wrapped a cloth around the end where it entered the locking mechanism of the base.

The parasol can be tilted by sliding part of the outer metal casing upwards. However in the tilted position it is prone to turning in the wind.

I'll update this review if I encounter difficulties.
on 16 October 2013
Very rectangular, hard to tell until it's open in front of you! Is a very good size too. I've mainly bought it so I can put laundry outside on variable weather days LOL but makes the shape perfect for it, as can put it against or close to the wall and the folding dryer under it when it doesn't look ok enough to hang clothes on the line. I think the fabric looks a bit thin for a garden umbrella, used to ones which much thicker fabric and pole seems quite small (circumference-wise, not height) for the size. But otherwise, just great for what I mainly need it for
on 28 May 2013
Looked for a long time fo a parasol like this one. It is well made and covers the doorway into our Conservatory facing south. Recomend anyone looking for one to buy it.
on 6 June 2013
Exactly what I needed. Gives me privacy in my garden. Good size, tilts to lean against fence so sturdy in breezey weather.
on 25 September 2013
I looked for ages to find a parasol that wasn't dark green or Navy and this one fitted the bill perfectly. It is very easy to put up and has a mechanism at the top that allows you to position it on a tilt. Very good materials used and it has served us well this summer. It is now packed away for next summer (if we have one) I think it will last a good few years well I hope it will!!. Great value for money would recommend if like me you want something in a more neutral colour!
on 24 August 2013
Was disappointed in this umbrella. It is quite light weight and if as I intended one edge is against a wall then the slightest gust of wind moves it out of alignment. I don't use it as much as I intended as a consequence. Its worth paying more to get something heavier in construction.
on 24 July 2014
I loved this umbrella parasol - but it arrived broken - totally bent in the middle and unable to use. I was so upset as it fits my purpose exactly and there isn't another one available.
The packing was not good enough - it needed more than plastic and bubble as it had obviously been under heavy goods and suffered badly.
I did get an immediate refund the Company were excellent on this score. But am without a brolly!
on 7 September 2013
I am most unhappy with this as it is not very strong. The "poles are of a very soft quality and when you screw the bottom pole into the base it just squashes the metal and doesnt hold well. Also it leans over all the time and is difficult to manoeuvre.