Schaum's Outline of Fluid Mechanics (Schaums' Outline Series) Paperback – 1 Jan 2008
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Merle Potter taught engineering for 42 years at Michigan Tech, the University of Michigan, and Michigan State University. David C.Wiggert, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering at Michigan State University.
Top customer reviews
I am a medical student, and one of our topics is fluid dynamics. oOr a medical student who needs to build a good understanding of fluid mechanics for whatever reason, then there is a brilliant website which teaches you the very basic concepts of fluid statics and fluid dynamics needed for any life science student: http://cnx.org/content/m42185/latest/
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
I was wrong.
In fact, the proofs give my textbook a run for their money, and the methods in the examples are the same but better documented. Plus I got 50 problems to practice, and I didn't have to hope I got it right! The answers were right there giving me instant feedback on my ability to do general problems similar to what will be on my exam.
For the 20 bucks or whatever it costs, it is well worth it. I've already used this book for 3 classes, and have found it more useful than the near $500 I had to spend on the required texts.
Find a prof that doesn't require homework from an expensive book, and pick this baby up. If you get in some technical bind that this book somehow can't help with, borrow a buddies text, then practice out of the Schaum's.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Mechanical & Materials Engineering > Fluid Mechanics
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Higher Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Mechanics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Mechanical & Material Engineering
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies