Scenario Thinking: Practical Approaches to the Future Hardcover – 3 May 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'An essential guide to scenario thinking for all organizations - and forward looking individuals'. - Prof Ziauddin Sardar, Editor, Futures
Scenarios are used for strategic analysis by governments and organizations throughout the world. Knowing how to use scenarios in your business strategy is vital for future success in uncertain timesSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you have read any other book on scenario planning save your money as this book is a (poor) rehash of all of them. The opening chapter even opens with the same scenarios as used by Kees van der Heijden in his Art of the strategic conversation, then, in my opinion, it goes down hill from their!
It covers how to do scenario interventions in a similar wording from the same book as mentioned above smattered with many other interjections similar to other books added for good measure.
If you are new to scenario planning and looking for an easy introduction to this concept then this 166 page lightweight book is ok (as long as you can borrow it instead of paying the ridiculous price I did) however my suggestion would be do yourself a favour and start with Scenarios: The Art of Strategic Conversation by Kees van der Heijden for an depth introduction and then move onto Scenario Planning in Organizations: How to Create, Use, and Assess Scenarios by Thomas J. Chermack for a thorough how to book
£20, I cannot believe I was that stupid, obviously I had not done my scenario thinking correctly!
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Balanced Scorecard
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Human Resources > Human Resources Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Decision Making
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Operational Research
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Production & Quality Control
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Strategy
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Forecasting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Insurance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Risk Management