on 7 July 2013
The best of the patterns in this book, in my opinion, are the ones shown in the look inside feature. Most of the patterns are for scarves and neck warmers. Ok the title suggests scarves but it also suggest shawls and shrugs of which there are few. Most competent knitters would not need a pattern for the things shown here. There is even the trick many a circular knitter will have done, twist the cast on, knit until they have half a twisted jumper and then smilingly shown it off as a shrug. I think many then pull it out when no one is looking. Maybe this book would be ok for someone who has done the learning knit purl and needs a move into patterns and texture. There are a couple of novel ways of fastening.
on 7 August 2012
I have already made several projects from this book and plan to make many more! Every article in the book is lovely and I just know I will make them over and over again!
on 22 January 2013
I bought this book as it was advertised on Ravelry and the shawl on the front cover caught my attention. Inside there are loads of shawls and scarfs that just yell knit me. The book is great, lays flat so its easy to read and knit at the same time and the instructions are clear.
on 13 May 2014
This is a lovely little book of small knitting projects with a wide range of techniques in lace & basic shaping. Bought it specifically for the cover shawl to use some Eden Cottiage yarn that needed something special. However have now got 3 or 4 more from it in the pipeline. Really recommend!
on 10 January 2014
I took an idea from this book and made a moebius (did I spell that right?) scarf out of some wool from my stash. There are other things that I might make or adapt but the book may well date over time.
on 29 March 2013
Lots of beautiful designs in this book and a nice variation in styles. Recommended yarns are VERY expensive but I can't wait to find sensible substitutes to give some of these a go! :)
on 3 May 2014
This book is very good.It as lots of lovely projects to knit
Instructions clear to understand
It would make a great gift for a fellow knitter
on 1 December 2013
Enough variety in both style and yarn type to be useful and inspiring. Have only knitted one so far but have yarn stashed for three more.
on 27 February 2013
Lovely patterns, beautifully presented. The choices are wide and varied, I just need to get a few projects out of the way before I tackle some of these. Some of the yarns would seem to have to be ordered from USA, but I think it would be worth it.
on 5 February 2014
a very good book for different types of wrap. They are very attractive and will get round to doing some one day.