Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Discover more Shop now

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 28 April 2010
I was disorientated after the first few paragraphs in this fast paced and complex thriller. Just as I thought I had it all sussed I was again thrown into a disorientated state. The words suck you in and spit you out so you feel exhausted and try as you might to gain your poise soemthing else jumps off the page and grabs you once again!

I don't think I've read a book like it and I enjoyed it thoroughly!
on 16 November 2010
Saving Rachel is a fast paced and very exciting thriller by the talented John Locke. There are more twists and turns than a tangled telephone cord and I finished the book in one sitting - I just HAD to know what happened. My only criticism is that there wasn't enough of Donovan Creed. He might be a cold hearted killer, but Locke gives him a twinkle that makes him irresistible. looking forward to the next one. (@nettiewriter)
on 27 October 2010
I could not put this book down, it was full of twists and turns and just when I thought I had worked it out, I was totally wrong. I defy anybody to guess the ending. I loved, loved, loved it. I have already downloaded Wish List, which is another of his books. Can't wait to get reading and I hope it matches up to Saving Rachel.
on 17 October 2015
Yes it is a rollercoaster ride that other reviews have mentioned, but it is the same ride again and again! Even so, I still had to go back pages to re-read the facts several times as I found it difficult to keep track of who was doing what to whom and when were they doing it ! The ending was also a disappointment as it finished rather quickly and I again had to back page to check I hadn't missed anything. Having said all that, I will still be buying no;4 as I have grown quite fond of Donovan Creed.
This book starts at a pace and that continues throughout.

Be warned the whole story is more than a little bizarre, I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone who wants to get this so can't say too much at all about the story line. Suffice to say it is about a man who believes his wife has been kidnapped and is determined to rescue her.

At such a bargain price you can't go too wrong although a little way in I did consider abandoning it, glad I didn't because sometimes it is nice to read something a little different to my normal choices.
on 17 February 2012
Carol Livingstone "Mrs L" got it right; Donovan Creed novels MUST be read in order, otherwise they will make no sense at all. It is understandable how some reviewers feel. That said, I love the genre and the style and the fast-paced action. Perhaps this novel should have been linked or somehow been a part of 'Lethal Experiment', that way it could have been a stand-alone novel to an extent. I've grown to love the dreadful characters that people the books and secretly will their demise: so far I haven't been disappointed.
The correct order is:
7. Vegas Moon
8. The Love You Crave
9. Maybe
VINE VOICEon 30 November 2010
I enjopyed this book and would not have flet disappointed if I had paid 4 or 5 times the price! The plot was well written and the pace was good. The characters were well written and beliveable on the whole

If you want a good read for a few pence, add this to your kindle and enjoy!
on 29 June 2012
This is the first Donovan Creek book I've read and will probably be the last. That's not to say that it's bad - far from it. The twisted storyline has more kinks in it than something very kinky indeed and the characters are distinct individuals. It's just that it all seemed like a neat 1970's TV cop show where everything is strange and you have no idea where things are going but don't worry, dear reader, because you know that everything will turn out nice and neat before the third set of adverts.

Some love John Locke's work; some hate it. Me? I love the IDEA of them and are pleased that he's doing what he does but I just thought that there was something missing...
on 3 September 2014
I started this book not knowing what the main character had to do with the plot. About half way through the book it becomes clear and I really liked the way it turns the series genre on its head.

Every book I have read my the author has started in a completely different way. Took awhile to understand this one but completely enjoyed it.
on 3 August 2013
Once you've read the first two Donovan Creed books then you must be addicted to start reading this one. If you haven't you should read them in order to get an idea of the characters and understand the book better. I found this book better than the second one, there is a definite storyline to this one. The first part of the book is from the perception of someone other than the main protaganist which made a nice change. Again like the other books this is light hearted, easy read, sometimes unbelievable but hey that's fiction. Also as the series goes on I'm noticing more spelling mistakes in the text, or hyphens entered randomly in the middle of words, does anyone check these before distributing???