- Also check our best rated Children’s Book reviews
The Sarah Jane Adventures Collection Audio CD – Audiobook, Box set, CD
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Ten exclusive audio adventures featuring Sarah Jane and friends, read by Elisabeth Sladen, Daniel Anthony and Anjli Mohindra.
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The audio CD stories in this collection are:
1. `The Glittering Storm' - Sarah Jane Smith investigates a series of burglaries (released 2007)
2. `The Thirteenth Stone' - A school bus trip ends up at a mysterious stone circle
3. `The Time Capsule' - Sarah Jane deals with some dangerous alien artefacts
4. `The Ghost House' - A strange Victorian house and a lost child
5. `The White Wolf' - Sarah Jane and her young companions explore the secretive village of Wolfenden
6. `The Shadow People' - A camping trip sees the Sarah Jane and her young friends stranded in Snowdonia
7. `Deadly Download' - Sarah Jane has problems with a computer virus
8. `Wraith World' - An author's journal full of notes and sketches is given to Rani
9. `Children of Steel' - Sarah Jane and her friends buy an old brass ornament at an auction
10.`Judgement Day' - Sarah Jane is arrested by a race called the Veritas (released 2011)
Each Sarah Jane Adventures story is on a single audio CD and lasts about one hour. They were produced at the rate of two audio CDs a year from 2007 to 2011, and they are all stand-alone tales rather than serialised. Although each story is a brand new one, they are based on the original Sarah Jane CBBC TV program that ran for 5 seasons from 2007 until 2011. The audio CDs must be quite good as I was later convinced 'The thirteenth stone' was an actual TV episode, as I can remember scenes from the book as pictures.
Provided you don't already have any of the audio CDs, this 10 CD set is often the cheapest way to get the collection, and it comes in a nice cardboard box. Although sadly there will be no more audio CDs read by Sarah Jane herself, let's hope her young companions find time to record a few more new adventures (come'n Luke). These audio CDs have proved very popular with my 18 year old daughter, a committed Dr Who and Sarah Jane fan, and we rate this audio CD collection 5*. They perfectly compliment the children's BBC DVD sets of the five seasons of The Sarah Jane Adventures on TV - which we rated even higher than the other excellent Dr Who spin-off 'Torchwood', probably as Sarah Jane's ethos is much more in keeping with that of the good Doctor himself.
Elisabeth Sladen has also voiced nine other older audio CDs from 2002 to 2006 as Sarah Jane Smith, e.g. first in the series Comeback (Sarah Jane Smith), and these are related to her times as an investigative journalist on Earth after she ceased to be a companion of the 4th Dr Who and K9 (Dr Who Season 14, 1976). Chronologically they precede 'The Sarah Jane Adventures' and are aimed more at older teenager and adult Dr Who fans.
There is a good amount Doctor Who style action as Elizabeth Sladen became Sarah Jane again after appearing in a Doctor Who episode many years after last playing Sarah Jane.
The stories follow the TV series but are not audio version of any episode any fan of Doctor Who or the series the stories are based upon will like this a good buy for Christmas gift but a little expensive.
Some of the best stories from Sarah Jane are here, if only they were actual episodes, they'd be amazing, anyway, you should definatly purchace this item, if not for the enjoyment, for the memory of a Woman and Character that did what they did with style, courage, determination, enthusiasm, respect and love, as this might be the last product they ever make of The Sarah-Jane Adventures, but we live in hope that the audio stories will carry on in the name of Elisabeth Sladen and Sarah-Jane Smith!!!
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?