on 14 June 2012
At the time of writing this the advert associated with this purchase still clearly stated Windows 7 was included with this item as it did when I ordered it. When it came it wasn't.

A telephone call to customer services raised this issue, and on my request the operator confirmed she had viewed the advert and Windows 7 was included, but she said a particular team would look into the matter and come back to me.

Two days later I got a brief email stating Windows 7 wasn't included according to this team.

I tried to send a reply to this email with an attached pdf of the advert, but it was returned stating I should use the internal mail system with precluded attachments - however I did send the same email through the internal system asking for an urgent response as to the legal implications of specifying windows is included, then refusing to supply it.

6 days later I have received no reply so I am posting this to warn other people that Amazon will not honour the contract they enter into when they advertise goods and then supply them without an advertised element being included.

Besides that, I like the computer, despite the fact it has cost me £50 more than it should have done if Windows had been included in the package as advertised
77 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2014
Bought this as a replacement for a full HTPC that I was migrating from, to this and a NAS.
I cannot believe the form factor, it's absolutely tiny, which is just perfect!
Processor handles what I chuck at it, but I do NOT go in for 1080p files so I can't comment on that end of the scale.

2 issues, but not sure if 1 is more with my TV.
Issue 1 is the fan, which is pretty noisy and pretty much on as soon as you try and do anything, even just opening browser window.
I would seriously consider/recommend installing a SSD, especially if you running a NAS, just to reduce the noise from the fan.
Issue 2 the video card kept crashing when trying to output to my Sony Bravia 42" via HDMI. VGA works fine and HDMI works fine on a newer 32". The resolution was obviously lower on the 32" so less stress on video card, so not what caused issue.
I did return first shipment thinking card was faulty, but 2nd behaved the same and no matter which driver I used, result was also the same. VGA is perfectly good though so still happy.
Would have been 5 stars without these niggles, as you have to remember you get what you pay for and this does not have the mega powered chip some may want or need.

oh yes and it only comes with Free DOS - but my advert did not claim anything else so no probs there.