Customer reviews

on 4 September 2011
I enjoyed reading this book. It's better than some of the Angel books I've read and not as good as others, but I suppose that would be true of many books in many different series.

I thought the characters were very true to the TV version and the story slotted nicely into the time line of the show for a little story before Fred comes out of her shell and becomes confident in herself again.

I thought the booked lacked the humor of the TV series and other books of the Angel series I have read, but the dialogue was true to the characters.

All in all. a nice read for fans of the series.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 January 2004
Not a bad book, nice story having Angel trying to save Fred at all costs. No humour that stands out. Nicely written, true to the characters on the show. Easy enough to follow the dialogue without getting lost. It kept you wondering how it would be resolved up to the end, but not the best Angel book I've read, sorry. Not compelling enough to keep me reading for long at a time. Easy to get back into if you can only read for short periods though. Was it a sanctuary? Not for me anyway.