SanDisk Clip Zip 4GB MP3 Player with FM Radio - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Colourful, clip-on MP3 player supporting MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Audiobooks, Podcasts, and AAC compatible (DRM-free iTunes) file formats
- FM radio and voice recording
- New stopwatch feature ideal for recording lap times or timing a workout in the gym
- Enhanced 1.1” colour screen
- Expand your memory using the microSDHC memory card slot
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
SanDisk Clip Zip MP3 Player with FM Radio
Ideal for joggers, commuters and other active music listeners, the Sansa Clip Zip delivers on-the-go music. Its robust and lightweight nature means that it is the perfect training partner for a gym workout, and a great alternative to using a heavy smartphone. This compact MP3 player is loaded with premium features including an integrated FM radio, built-in voice recorder, stopwatch and compatibility with a wide range of digital audio formats. And thanks to an innovative clip design, the player attaches easily to your clothing, so you can take it wherever you go.
The compact design stays out of your way during exercise. View larger
Ideal Music Player for Exercising and Commuting
The Sansa Clip Zip was designed with active music listeners in mind. It features a clip design: the back panel of the device closes on a hinge and can firmly fasten to a backpack or article of clothing. This makes it an ideal accessory for joggers, athletes and anyone else who wants to enjoy music while on the move.
The player is light and compact, measuring only 57.15mm tall and weighing less than 16g, so you won't feel encumbered while exercising. And with the player's rechargeable battery that lasts up to 15 hours, you'll rarely have to worry about charging the battery3.
Integrated Stopwatch, FM Radio and More
In addition to playing music, the Sansa Clip Zip can play audiobooks and podcasts and offers several other convenient features. The player is equipped with an FM radio receiver, so you can enjoy your favourite stations while you're on the go. A voice recorder is also included, allowing you to leave spoken reminders for yourself. It even has an integrated stopwatch, which you can use to time your workouts.
Compatible with a Variety of Audio Formats and Services
This versatile player supports a broad range of digital audio formats, including MP3, WMA, secure WMA and FLAC. It is also compatible with AAC, allowing the player to interface with non-DRM files in your iTunes library. You'll be able to enjoy audio from nearly any source -- all while avoiding the nuisance of file compression and conversion.
Full-Colour Screen with Graphical User Interface
The Sansa Clip Zip boasts a backlit, full-colour 1.1-inch screen. The screen renders your album art in vibrant detail and also displays the time and battery life. The player uses a graphical user interface that makes browsing your music collection effortless. Song playback is also easy to control, thanks to an intuitive set of front-panel buttons.
Expandable Memory for a Large Music Library
The Sansa Clip Zip comes with 4GB1 or 8GB1 of onboard memory, offering enough space for hundreds of songs, podcasts and audiobooks. If you need additional space, you can use the player's microSD/microSDHC card slot to expand your player's capacity2.
At a Glance
- Lightweight and compact for active music listeners
- Clip design attaches securely to clothing; designed for use during exercise
- Plays music, audiobooks and podcasts
- Built-in FM radio receiver, stopwatch and voice recorder
- Broad compatibility with various audio formats
- Intuitive graphical interface for easy music library navigation
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 15 hours3
You can use the Clip Zip for up to 15 hours before you have to recharge the battery. View larger
Choose from a Variety of Colours
The Sansa Clip Zip is available in a range of different colours, so you can pick the one that best suits your personal style*. For the 4GB player, choose from black, grey, purple, blue, red, orange, white, lime or teal. The 8GB player is offered in either black or grey.
Minimum System Requirements
The Sansa Clip Zip requires a computer with Windows Media Player 10, a CD-ROM drive, Internet access and a USB 2.0 port for playlist creation, synchronising, downloading and installation.
|Hours of music||60||120|
|Number of songs||1,000||2,000|
|Hours of music||128||256|
|Number of songs||2,000||4,000|
¹1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.
²Card sold separately.
³Based on continuous playback at 128kbps MP3; actual life and performance may vary depending upon usage and settings; battery not replaceable.
*Colour availability varies by device capacity.
1 x Sansa Clip Zip MP3 Player
1 x USB 2.0 transfer cable
1 x Earphones
1 x Quick Start guide
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Long version (because I love listening to music and can't say enough good things about this gadget):
Pros: So many it is hard to know where to start. Here are some highlights:
1. Unbeatable bang for your buck. (Except maybe if the older clip+ is sold off cheap....).
2. Physically, it's smaller (and lighter?) than a matchbox - great for always having in your pocket or bag. Secure "clip" (of course) so handy for gym, running etc. Jazzy colours are available to put you in a good mood even before you switch on. Decent and bright colour screen to display album art, so easy to see at a glance what you are listening to, which for me was a problem for me with the earlier clip+.
3. Sound quality. This is excellent. In my view, on a level playing field without using their equalizers and on the same 'phones, this player sounds better than any iPod I've listened to and better than my own more expensive Sony S and A series players.("Better" is a subjective thing - so perhaps I should say in my opinion it sounds just as "clean", "detailed", and has enough "umph" and "bottom end" compared to much dearer players).
4. Getting music on it is dead easy by drag-and-drop. No need for special software like iTunes.
5. FM radio with RDS station display. Radio uses the headphone cord as an aerial and works with other `phones.
6. Supports the common music formats, inc mp3, AAC, and FLAC, and for mp3 anyway seems to play "gapless" - nice for listening to concerts without the player inserting silence between tracks.
7.Read more ›
I wanted a replacement for a 2nd generation iPod Nano that was never quite the same after getting soaked during the Great North Run. I have a 160GB iPod Classic which pretty much lives hooked up in my car, and a HTC Desire HD w/16GB that I always have on me and onto which I throw a few tunes for when I'm at work or out and about. Neither is particularly portable so I also need a small, sturdy device with the sole purpose of playing tunes in the gym and when running.
Even as a non-Apple person, I must say my old Nano was bloody fantastic. However the new one is way overpriced and the tiny touch screen is infuriatingly fiddly for big man-hands to try and operate when running (I borrowed the missus's once...), so I went for the Sansa Clip Zip.
Three things immediately appealed to me:
- Micro-SD slot to expand memory (put that unused 8GB card out of my phone to use).
- Wide range of format support (Mmmmm.... FLAC ;) )
- Rockbox support coming soon.Read more ›
Anyone who owns/owned one of the previous models will feel right at home with the clip zip - navigation is similar (but improved with a dedicated back button), design is still attractive, quality good and it is as small and convenient as ever.
One of the new features is that the player is now capable of displaying album art. This is a nice addition, even if the picture quality turns out to be a little disappointing. I actually had a hell of a time getting art onto the thing, I use "Music Bee", not media player, and its is great for 99% of tasks but I ended up putting album art on manually. (Opening each album folder on the player whilst it is connected to my PC, and saving a picture of the album art from the net into each album folder, naming it folder.)
The stopwatch is a good addition, although not sure if I will use it much its good to have it there.
The Clip zip also displays the time in the top left, unless I am just a fool, the clip + never did this and it was lacking.
Very attractive, better looking than the last model, I got red which looks great but I'm sure all colours do.
Micro SD is a great feature- I would actually recommend buying the 4gb model, even if you want lots of space, and buying a 16gb card for less than £20.
Start up is a little slow but no big deal.
As always setting location as EU brings a volume limit, this can be reversed but I like to protect my ears, so I resist the temptation.
The handy Clip is obviously still there and works well, although I am going to be gentle as I broke it off the last model by messing around.
All in all the best alternative to apple products, and a loveable little machine.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great value, great sound with replacement / better earphones that those supplied.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Not a bad MP3 player - reasonably functionality but fairly cheap build. My unit failed after around 9 months (battery). I would recommend using a different version & supplied. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Sean T. Page
Very neat & funky. Good features & very good value. Arrived very quickly. Very handy item for taking out & about with music & photos. Like it very much.Published 3 months ago by Alison Peck
Got to be one of the best mp3`s on the market,Sound quality is excellent and it is relatively easy to download music or films on to it.Published 4 months ago by Mr. PJ Collins