Samsung UE40F5300AK 40" Full HD 1080p Smart LED Television With Freeview Black - (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (discontinued by manufacturer) [Energy Class A]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Amazon Instant Video Compatible
- S-Recommendation technology lets you discover more of the TV you love by suggesting what's new to watch based on what you like. It Intelligently learns your preferences and instantly searches Live TV, video on demand services and apps to recommend TV and on line content tailored to you, now you'll always know what's on without the need to look for it.
- Samsung's Smart Hub intelligently organises and manages all your content into five easy to navigate panels. The intuitive interface uses vibrant thumbnails to provide instant previews to help you quickly and easily select what you want to watch. The five panels include: On TV; Movies & TV Shows; Photos, Videos & Music; Social; Apps.
- The only Smart TV with a full catch-up service, ITV, BBC iplayer, 4OD & Demand 5, meaning you can be sure you'll never miss your favourite drama, comedy, documentary, sporting event or radio programme, again.
- Samsung's Dual Core processor supports multitasking, faster internet connections and drives superior picture quality. Your TV can now truly multitask so you can continue to enjoy TV content while downloading a new app, or use one app while downloading updates to other apps. Surf the net as quickly and efficiently as you would on any other device, just enjoy the luxury of a much larger easy to view screen.
- Samsung "One design" styling ensures you see more of the picture and less of the TV frame as the thin bezel merges seamlessly into the background. Encased in an attractive black edge frame combined with an appealing square stand this beautifully designed TV will compliment any room in your home.
There is a newer model of this item:
|LED Display Technology: LED (light-emitting diode) TVs are actually a type of LCD TV. LCD HDTVs use standard compact fluorescent tubes to illuminate the picture. LED HDTVs, on the other hand, replace those fluorescent tubes with backlighting technology. LED TVs might therefore say "LCD display" on the packaging--this is perfectly normal. Learn more in our TV buying guide.|
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Energy efficiency classA+ to F
On-mode power consumption58 Watts
Energy consumption85 Kilowatts per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal40" / 102 cm
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Discover a TV that offers vivid viewing and a diverse range of entertainment. The Samsung 40" UE40F5300 LED TV lets you access online Smart Hub content and services, and you can even make big-screen Skype video calls. You'll also be able to record and store TV shows and movies to USB memory sticks and external hard disk drives thanks to Extended Personal Video Recorder Ready. And, with Wide Colour Enhancer Plus, all your entertainment will be delivered with vibrant colour.
1 x tv
1 x Remote Control
1 X User Guide
2 AA Batteries
Top customer reviews
This TV produces brilliant audio, crisp pictures in HD, the GUI for even basic electronic knowledge makes every choice easy, navigating menu's and the App part of the SmartTv fun and easy to enjoy.
The TV has had no problem since I have bought it and I'm glad I grabbed this bargain, I don't think I've ever wrote a product review, this product really does however prove its worth.
I often enjoy paying a little extra for the more common 'bigger' brand names as I feel the extra money really does show through this product.
Pro's ; - Fast interface, loading times
- Brilliant sound with a great range of volume, it's output alone is equivalent to what you would get with a surround sound system.
- Pictures are perfect, the video is as sharp as it could possibly be.
-The TV links with mobile/android/iPhones to stream videos and Netflix etc.
-The apps and 'SmartHub' are great, Netflix BBCiplayer & many more.
- External devices, USB, network adapters, HDMI ports etc are in abundance.
Cons; The TV tries to shut itself off after being on for a long period of time and no one likes getting up for the remote to stop it.
But yes! That really is the only negative I can put on it product!
Samsung 40F5300 in comparison to the Sony.
Picture quality - Not impressed far to much noise and motion blur and as for HD and Bluray forget about it the Sony was superior in every way.
Apps - Tv apps were perfect for us - ITV and 4 OD were unavailable on the Sony so the Samsung beats the Sony hands down.
Design - The Samsung looks like an oversized pc monitor it's plastic, it looks plastic, and feels plastic making it look ugly and cheap in fact as soon as i took it out of the box my heart sunk and i wanted the Sony back because the Sony is so beautiful designed.
Getting around the Samsung was easier and more intuitive. The Samsung is highly rated for its layout in comparison to the Sony and rightly so i would say however you do get used to the Sony.
The Sony is 2 inches bigger and in my opinion does make a difference though i am sure you would get used to the 40 inch Samsung.
Overall i prefer the Sony and would recommend you go for that instead it's beautiful to look at and the picture quality is amazing for what you pay.
Coming back to this review after a couple of weeks of owning the tv i have decided to send it back.
It cuts out when using the apps. No built in Wifi so there are wires everywhere. Picture quality is dreadful and quite franly it looks really cheap.
Most recent customer reviews