Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

on 16 November 2013
This Samsung 4 serie Led TV it's a very good product. Sharp image, sound is not that bad, can read many format via USB memoru stick, MKV, AVI MP4 etc. This TV is perfect for a bed room.
on 27 June 2014
I bought this after looking at recommendations and reviews, and was very pleased with the TV - picture was great, although the sound could be a bit thin. Anyway - after 4 months it started to turn itself off and then on again after about an hour. I've now had it 6 months and it is now turning off and on so much I want to throw it out. I researched the problem online and found it is quite common with Samsung and is a capacitor issue. I will be taking the set back for another make as it has made watching teh World Cup a real pain.
on 13 May 2014
I wanted to upgrade from a failing CRT to a flatscreen TV and selected this (28" 4000 model). I guess its a cheap entry level model in Samsung's range, but nevertheless I found the image rendering onscreen rather poor. I cannot be sure how much this is down to the TV or to the cable tv service I use, but either way moving images onscreen were poor. For example, a fullscreen face would have different areas moving at different speeds - spooky! Other times I would notice areas of mush where no detail was being rendered at all... Overall, everything looked rather cartoon-like, despite the capacity for the screen to show good detail if the image was still. I had rarely been bothered by poor rendering on my CRT from the same channels. Jiggling the settings could make these problems better or worse, but not go away. I had no problem with the sound, in contrast to other comments (but the sound on my CRT had been poor anyway). The TV does have audio out sockets for auxiliary speakers...

While these issues may be solved by buying a more expensive model, the 2x0.5cm area of stuck pixels (blue) on the screen edge was a different matter. I allowed several days for these pixels to 'warm up' and did notice some improvement (it had started as an area closer to 1x2cm), but in the end why was I paying full price for a screen with this fault?

Amazon accepted the return without quibble. Great service - dubious product, based on this experience. I don't understand the gushing reviews here - did I just get a duff one?

UPDATE: Have now tried a Sony flatscreen and it is clearly NOT my cable service that was at fault. The new TV shows a great picture. The Samsung TV was a dud. Whether it was just that item or the model is not for me to comment. Have revised the star rating down accordingly.
on 29 July 2013
I wanted this TV to replace a smaller size screen in one of the bedrooms. Having already a SAMSUNG model in use I chose this knowing they made quality TV. I was not dissappointed - easy to set up, super picture quality everything I have come to expect from SAMSUNG
on 12 June 2013
This is a very good little TV with a really good quality picture that can be viewed at angles unlike the one I have just got rid of which you could only watch straight on. The only thing preventing me from giving it 5 stars is that they have not really improved the quality of the sound. We have achieved greatness over the years, man has stepped on the moon, Concorde broke the sound barrier for commercial flights and the invention of the World Wide Web are just a few of the amazing feats accomplished by man, so why, in 2013 can we not produce a small TV that doesn't sound like you are speaking through an empty toilet roll! It is an improvement on my last TV but this is an area that needs working on. It isn't just this TV model though and the sound is OK I suppose but I just expected better. Very pleased with everything else this has to offer though.
44 Comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2013
Crikey, even I can unbox it, push in the right buttons and make it work properly. This is a really lovely television that arrived as swiftly as is humanly possible and everything was safely packaged. We've no quibbles about anything. the price was exceedinly competitive and all is hunky dory. We'd recommend this Company for pricing and delivery and Thanks very much.
VINE VOICEon 29 March 2014
I got this for my small private office/work/play area to connect to a Freesat system, the Freeview signal in my area is useless so I have not used that part of the telly. The office is on a South West corner and has two large windows both of which get masses of bright sunlight through. Invariable I have to shut blinds a lot of the time to be able to see my moniter screen. The telly copes well with the blinds shut or open. The colours are rich and vibrant. The sound quality is good enough for the small space, it can be turned up quite loud but I tend not to, in a lot of instances I use a wireless Blue-tooth headset so I don't upset people nearby. Through the headset the sound is good and has a quality bass to it.

The telly is extremly light, and reduces the strain on the little bracket I have coming from the corner between the windows. The bracket is used to carry a Humax Freesat receiver as well, so keeping weight down is important. I would imagine the telly would be great for use for the likes of camping, caravanning etc. Also it could be a good little telly for anywhere where space is short. I am very pleased with this purchase and would not hesitate to reccomend it.
on 22 July 2014
Got the tv for my room as anyone with a PS3 can tell you the usual font is terribly hard to see with the only real way of changing it is lowering the resolution or getting a bigger tv. The TV is the perfect size for me (for bedroom or living room), very light weight. Only problem I had was trying to get fittings for it. Additionally this tv is prone to glare, I often have to close my curtains if I use it during the day.
on 13 September 2013
This TV has a decent picture and has so far proved reliable. My only criticism is the sound coming out of the speakers is somewhat poor quality. That's why I am only giving it 3-stars and not 4-stars. However, it wasn't that expensive, so I suppose you get what you pay for . . . . .
on 1 January 2015
Buyer beware!

I bought this item on 9th Dec 2013 (New model for 2013 apparently - but apparently discontinued shortly after - why?).
It is wall mounted in our bedroom, hours use? very few!

Almost a year to the day after purchase the Picture has disappeared leaving sound only (Dec 6th 2014)
I was actually hospitalized throughout Dec to Christmas Eve). so a bit stuck on reporting the problem. My wife doesn't have access to my Amazon etc...

Seller says out of guarantee period because I couldn't report the problem till I got out of Hospital

Either way, I'd expect more from a TV than one year from a brand new TV (or is it built in obsolescence Samsung?)

I would also expect a rather more understanding or proactive approach from the re-seller.

I would suspect the business model is buy old stock cheap and sell on - lesson learned, Ill go to recognised reseller i.e. curry's in future!