- Also check our best rated Camera reviews
Samsung U20 Full HD Compact Camcorder - Black (2.0 LCD, HDMI Output, 8MP Photo)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Shoots in full HD 1920 x 1080p, H.264 video format
- Take great qualtiy still pictures with its 10 megapixel on board Samsung camera
- Great pocket size, fits easily into your pocket so you can take it anywhere
- Upload your movies to video sharing sites like YouTube with the push of a single button
- Built in USB and HDMI connectivity
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
* Shoots in full HD 1920 x 1080p, H.264 video format * Take great qualtiy still pictures with its 8 megapixel on board Samsung camera * Great pocket size, fits easily into your pocket so you can take it anywhere * Upload your movies to video sharing sites like YouTube with the push of a single button * Built in USB and HDMI connectivity
Click here for a larger image
Full HD Pocket Camcorder with 3x Optical Zoom
Life's greatest moments are meant to be shared. You can share them all in Full HD as soon as they happen with the Samsung U20 HD pocket camcorder. Whether you've got hilarious video from last night's party or just captured a baby's first steps, you can post the results immediately - on any PC, anywhere - with just the press of a button.
Capture the Beauty of Full HD
Providing perfect 1920 x 1080 Full HD video recording, the Samsung U20 gives you the highest-quality experience from its compact size fitting into your pocket. When files are played on a full HDTV or Monitor, they are presented with Full HD precision, so that whether you are viewing your posts on the web or watching at home, your memories return to life - retaining the real magic of the moment from when they were made.
Click here for a larger image
You Tube One Touch Upload
Share your world. With built-in PC software and a One-touch Uploading Button, the U20 gives you the freedom to share from anywhere. Sharing your life with friends and family is faster and easier than ever before. The Samsung U20's upgraded sharing feature enables files to be uploaded to social network services like YouTube, at a touch of a button. Simply select the file you want to upload, connect to any PC with the built in USB arm, choose the site you want to upload to, and touch the direct upload button!
To give you the freedom to live a more mobile life, the Samsung U20 HD pocket camcorder comes with its PC software built in. When it is connected to a PC via the USB arm, Intelli-Studio 2.0 automatically runs, so you can view, edit, manage and upload from anywhere.
USB Battery Charging
In addition to standard DC adaptor charging, the Samsung U20 can be charged via USB to give you more options on the move. Simply connect to any USB port and its battery will begin to charge, even while you are using it to view, edit, or upload files.
Click here for a larger image
Built-in USB Arm
The Samsung U20 is made for your mobile lifestyle. With its built-in USB arm it gives you the freedom to enjoy quick, convenient USB data transfer without the inconvenience of ever having to carry an extra cable.
Professional Picture Quality
The Samsung U20's high-quality lens shoots Full HD video as well as 14 Megapixel photos, allowing you to capture the exquisite beauty of each and every moment.
Video recorded at Full HD resolution can be played back perfectly on a Full HDTV or Monitor. Full HD images are saturated with rich, natural colour and deep, dramatic detail, making them more enjoyable to shoot and more satisfying to share.
World's First 3x Optical Zoom Within Ultra Compact Camcorder
Compact and ergonomic, the Samsung U20 is equipped with a 3x optical zoom to get you closer to the action. The 3x optical zoom is powerful enough to make a big difference to your movies and photos.
High Resolution Photo
The depth of colour and detail delivered by the Samsung U20's high resolution photo gives you digital photos that are of the highest quality, so you can shoot and share still shots that capture the true beauty of the moment.
Digital Image Stabiliser
Unstable hands can cause camcorder footage to be shaky and blurred. Thanks to the U20's advanced computational power, precision image stabilization is achieved by multi-directional motion analysis, unlike most other digital image stabilizers using a bi-directional one.
Easy to use
Easy and intuitive to use, the Samsung U20 is the ideal companion for the modern mobile lifestyle, giving you the freedom to enjoy life on the move.
The Interactive Thumbnail feature shows you what is in a video file without entering full playback mode. When a file is highlighted in the Thumbnail screen, it automatically begins to play, allowing you to enjoy faster, easier access to your files.
SDHC Memory Slot
With its SDHC slot, the Samsung U20 allows you to shoot, store and share every moment. Because the memory can be expanded by the insertion of a new SD card, you can be free to record some more of your life in Full HD detail.
Time Lapse Recording
The Time-Lapse recording feature is fun and easy to use. By taking still frames at preset intervals and then putting them in sequential order, the Samsung U20 is able to create a video file that condenses hours of recording such as sunset or sunrise into minutes of viewing.
Top customer reviews
I am sorry for those reviewers who had a bad experience with earlier examples of the Samsung U20 but it is now an excellent little thing. It slips into a pocket and is light enough to almost forget about. It takes a few seconds before it's ready for use but is so easy to use I can forgive that.
I have just returned from a trip to Italy and the Cote d'Azure and believe me, the camera had plenty of use - in fact my Panasonic DMC-T26 hardly got a look-in and we didn't bother taking a Panasonic full-sized video camera.
Photos of the historic sites of Pisa, Florence and Perugia are crystal clear taken at 8Mp (firmware stretches this to 10Mp) while the beaches of the South of France are excellent. The colour and clarity are as good as the Panasonic. Autofocus is mostly good and writing to memory is almost instantaneous.
Video is better than I anticipated and after some trials decided that 720dpi / 50fps was the optimum setting for smooth panning whilst maintaining good definition.
Downloading to a Samsung NB220+ netbook each day was simplicity itself and leaving it connected to the "always on" USB port topped off the batteries ready for the next day.
I just had to use the time-lapse recording to capture a Lake Garda sunset and here is my only mild criticism. The first part is beautiful, the clouds rolling over the dramatic hills with sailboats reflected in the lake waters gradually changing colours through golden, a blush of rose into deeper yellows and reds. As the light eventually fades the image becomes grainy until the twinkling lights along the opposite shore disappear intead of becoming brighter. To be fair neither you nor I would normally take photos in such poor light so it's no big deal.
This device is very good at what it does. It's relatively inexpensive, extremely portable, easy to use and the quality is infinately acceptable. Too many people expect too much from their computers, TVs and mobile phones - the Samsung U20 will give you your money's-worth and then some .............
and the pinky red is quite nice actually.
Samsung are my first stop for electricals as they are normally top, top quality and this has not let them down, as with lots of new items it has its problems at first, yet now they have ironed these out I would reccomend this to all. Has great quality and a great battery life. Also the fact that you dont even need a wire to plug into your laptop is great, something so simple yet makes things so much easier not having to rummage around looking for that wire!
One last note, if I do have any problems with this I will make sure to update the review, but as of yet, great, and its had some hammer!!!!!!
Very important: Now, read these information below carefully.
(1) I guess why some buyers rated this samsung U20 Mini Full HD Camera Camcorder so low, is because they only read the manual which did not elaborate more on how to use it without actually studying it's menu as well. For better understanding on how to use this camera, you would need to carefully study it's menu to get it's settings right in order to achieve the result you want. I can understand the reason why most buyers rated this camera so low, I would definitly do the same if there was not enough technical information available on how to use a pruduct.
(2) Please note, because most buyers are unaware that this camera comes factory default with ZOOM MUTE: ON, they became frustrated about the audble clicking and hissing noise of zoom-in and zoom-out when they played back their videos taken with this camera on their TVs.
(3) NOW, this is how to solve this problem, go to the camera menu, select ZOOM MUTE and select 'OFF'. Once you have done this, you are ready to film without those audible clicking and hissing noise coming out when you play back your videos on your TVs.
(4) To better understand what I am writing about, on the screen of the camera, where you zoom-in and zoom-out. On your right hand side, look at the bottom of the zoom line bar, you would see a small microphone icon or a sign with a tiny line across it. That shows that the ZOOM MUTE is 'ON' when you turn it 'OFF' that icon or sign will disappear and you are ready to go.
(5) Most buyers who rated this camera so low because they filmed with it where there was not enough light, were not serious. They must know that this camera does not come with light or flashlight unlike most big camcorders. Maybe they expect too much for the little money they paid, if they wanted the camera to perform well in the dark, they should have coughed out big money and go for those big Full HD cameras out there with light or flashlight. Even as humans, without enough light, we cannot see or perform well in the dark.
I hope my review would help you reach a better decision in buying this nice little machine. Goodluck!!!
but as I purchased this for the HD movies and only outdoor shooting I am veryy happy. And I love the time lapsed movie capability.
Most recent customer reviews
Works fine but no memory card which I thought was a bit misely. But hey ho good price.