Samsung S27B971DS 27 inch PLS WQHD LED Monitor (300cd/m2, 2560x1440, 5ms, DP, HDMI, DVI, USB Hub, MHL)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Premium PLS Panel with Wide Viewing Angle^2560 x 1440 Wide Quad HD^Mobile High Defenition Link (MHL) allows you to view all content from your Smart Phone direct to your monitor screen^Multiple Connection Options - HDMI, DVI, Display Port, MHL, 3 USB Ports^Full height Adjust Stand (100mm)
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
The Samsung Series 9 LED Monitor S27B971D is the ideal choice for users, in which not only top-performance and the packaging counts. The hardware-calibrated monitor in the elegant, minimalist aluminum design provides lifelike colors paired with a WQHD resolution (2,560 x 1,440 pixels) and an increase of convergence thanks to MHL interface. Unlike the S27B970D in this model, the display is kept matte, which avoids reflections. He is the first choice for discerning individuals who work on any bare PC monitor, but want to stand out with a unique model from the crowd. In addition, he offers a powerful prestige object on each head-desk and as an impressive presentation tool for photo studios, architects or advertisers.
Samsung LS27B971DS/EN Monitor
Installation Manual (CD)
Quick Set Up Guide
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Pixel response: 5ms
Input Lag: Class II - approx 28ms (tftcentral.co.uk review)
Back Light: LED
USB Hub: 2x 2.0 (two on the side of the base)
LCD type: PLS (Plane-to-Line Switching)
Adjustment: Height and vertical tilt
Contrary to the box contents this monitor comes with a mini-HDMI to standard HDMI cable and not a normal HDMI cable.
Connections are situated on the back of the base for aesthetic reasons mainly but also keeps things tidy round the back. Those connections consist of:
1x Display Port
1x USB PC IN
1x 14v AC/DC power socket
So this Samsung monitor is hardly well endowed with options but for a standard connection to a graphics card with a DVI port this does the job.
OSD functions and the power button are situated on the front in the middle of the faux aluminum plastic base. The buttons are capacitance touch switches, meaning they work in much the same way a smart phone or iPad functions.
The 5ms pixel response isn't exactly earth shattering, this is a PLS panel after all and not a TN one. PLS is Samsung's own proprietary version of IPS (In-Plane Switching) it offers some improvement over IPS but not much. Colours are vibrant after some tweaking in the OSD but that sluggish pixel response is not great for high-end gaming.Read more ›
This S27B971 is the matt-screened version of the well-reviewed, but glossy, S27B970.
If you actually spend time working in front of the thing, rather than just looking at pictures occasionally, buy this one. Annoyingly, the glossy one is currently (April 2014) discounted by £200, but I chose to spend the extra to get this matt-screened version - and it was well worth it.
"D. May" has a good review of the monitor (under the four-star section). I agree with what he/she said. I would add the following points that you might find useful:
1) You can only achieve the maximum resolution using the DVI and DP inputs. The HDMI input maxes out at 1080p or just above there. This seems to be a common issue with all the similar monitors that I researched (Dell, ViewSonic, Asus, NEC, Iiyama, Eizo). It appears to be a limit of the standard HDMI specifications and components that they all use. I thought it was worth pointing out in case you were moving up from lower resolutions and using HDMI.
2) The speakers only output sound supplied as part of the HDMI signal - there is no other sound input.
3) The hub is USB 2.
4) Crucially, it does not use Pulse Width Modulation for controlling brightness - so, if you are at all sensitive to flicker (as I am), then this monitor is ideal because there is absolutely no flicker, that I can detect, at any brightness setting.
5) It came with continental, and UK, power leads.
No dead or stuck pixels. Lovely colour rendering.Read more ›
Same product as the Samsung S27B970D, although without the glossy glass panel giving a nice Matte finish. Personally I cant stand the insanely reflective glossy screens.
Features a PLS panel with great colours (better than IPS)
Plently of connectivity options
Factory panel calibration
Touch sensitive buttons
Input lag/refresh rate if youre a hardcore gamer
Bad: Price. Can only be used in a complete dark room or the glossy surface will reflect to mutch even with just a little bit of light in the room.
Verdict: I had to return it, due to the reflect of the glossy surface. It is extremly overpriced compaired to other 1440p 27" monitors. I purchaced 4 diffrent 27" 1440p monitors, returned 3 of them and ended up keeping a Philips Brilliance 272P fore half the price, and it is same high qulity and design.
Informed Amazon of the issue and they decided to send a replacement monitor immediately while I arrange a day to send it back. Having to take 1 day off work as items cannot be collected on Saturdays (but can be delivered). Second monitor arrives and once again has no UK plug and same issue with adaptors.
For a £700 electrical item this is extremely poor from both Samsung and Amazon.
DO NOT BUY THIS ITEM FOR THE UK