Samsung S1070 Digital Camera - Silver (10MP, 3x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Also Shopped For
- 10.2 megapixel point-and-shoot camera with a large intelligent screen. Taking amazing shots just got easier!
- 10.2 Megapixels
- 3.0x Optical Zoom
- 2.7 inch LCD Screen
- ISO: 1600
- Movie Mode: MJPEG VGA 30fps
- Digital Image Stabilisation enables you to take ultra clear images without blur - even in low light conditions
- Face Detection technology optimises the focus and brightness of up to nine faces for stunning, natural looking portraits
- Red-Eye correction algorithm to automatically detect and eliminate red-eye from your shot, giving you a perfect, natural portrait. You can even choose to remove red-eye after you have taken the shot
- Choose from various scene modes to automatically adjust your camera settings, such as exposure, colour and contrast. These can include; Portrait, Children, Night scene, Backlight, Landscape, Sunset, Dawn, Firework, Snow, Close up, Self, Cafe, Food and Text
- Self Portrait Feature: Taking pictures of yourself and friends is easy. Your camera notifies you with a beep when the faces are positioned correctly. No more half faces in the shot!
- Photo Help Guide, Step-by-step instructions with simple illustration on use of the camera are provided through the LCD for users convenience
- Recycle Bin Function allows you to retrieve images if you have accidently deleted them
- With the Multi Slide Show function you can arrange pictures into a slide show, add music and active slide effects to bring out the emotion in your photos a great way to make a story as you go or share your memories with family or friends
Top Customer Reviews
What I liked about this camera is that the price does not change the quality. Other cheap camera's I have brought for my kids have been useless. With this Samaung, the batteries last a long time, The picture is taken when you push the button and not 30 seconds later like some I could mention. Even the flash is ready straight away too.
This is the perfect point and shoot camera for the price.
I hope this review is of some help to everyone.
For £70 this is a bargain, and am well pleased I have one!!
I have been looking at the Canon IXUS 80 for a while but after seeing it "live" at John Lewis I had second thoughts as it looked a bit bulky.
I have then come across this Samsung S1070 but I was wary because of the very few reviews and the very low price (for a 10MP camera) but I took the plunge anyway!
I like the face recognition feature, the very large display and the on-screen function description so that when you select a feature and look at the display it will explain you what the icon does.
What I don't like is the lack of a proper instruction manual (so frequent with electronics items these days); you get a quick start manual which only covers the main functions and a CD based user manual, not very handy to take on holiday with you unless you print all of it on paper.
Another thing that left me a bit baffled is that the camera works with 2 AA batteries (you get 2 Duracel in the box) and therefore cannot recharge the camera but need to buy disposable batteries all the time or rechargeable batteries and charger separately; once again not very convenient if you are trying to save space when going on holiday.
All in all I am very happy with this purchase and I hope that, unlike the CASIO camera, this will last me for a long time.
Cant fault it so far, fantastic
For the good points the camera is good, very clear pictures and easy to use. Easy to edit pictures, lcd is good size. Slim so easy to carry. The price is absolutely a bargain.
The bad points camera uses AA batteries therefore dont last very long if you take photos frequently. It also dont take cheap batteries only the good quality ones like duracel.
takes a greay picture and easy to use very good quality for the money w.t.g amazon
Two downers.....a crap manual (it's all on CD), and SAVAGE battery use. I've just ordered some 2850's in the hope they'll give me a bit more time!!
Just one thing which is little annoying batteries are not rechargeable but overall very good value for money
Most Recent Customer Reviews
very good camera useful good buy Samsung S1070 Digital Camera overall not bad camera yes I like 10mp.3x optical zoom.Published on 21 Jan. 2014 by Pen Name
If you are considering buying a camera for general use my answer would be 'Buy It!' this is a great little gadget. I bought a set of lithium batteries (£7. Read morePublished on 15 July 2013 by Viv
Produces decent enough images, nice size and weight and nice finish. Only gripe is that it does get through the batteries quickly. Read morePublished on 23 April 2012 by MJC
I bought 12 of these cameras 2 years ago (as a PTA funded project. One for each class in the school)and although it takes good pictures, I've had nothing but complaints about how... Read morePublished on 1 Dec. 2010 by Todgergang
We bought this only a year ago and it's very frustrating as the batteries are constantly run down by it - usually just as you want to take a photo. Read morePublished on 5 July 2010 by T. W. Arbuckle
My Kodak gave up on me after 10 years loyal service, and I decided to try the Samsung, looks nice, nice and small with a big screen at the back and good size dials and buttons... Read morePublished on 9 Oct. 2009 by Ian Froggatt
I've had this camera for nearly 6 months and it has already died on me. The photo quality is poor, the shooting modes are confusing, the facial detection seems to focus on... Read morePublished on 28 July 2009 by Charlotte Szucs
This camera is an updated version of a previously owned camera. The controls are self explanatory and it is easy to use producing clear photographs. Read morePublished on 8 July 2009 by Dorothy A. Ives