Samsung PS51E6500 51-inch Widescreen Full HD Smart 3D Plasma Television with Freeview and 2 Glasses [Energy Class C]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- HD ready
- 3D ready
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers also shopped for
Energy efficiency classA+ to F
On-mode power consumption186 Watts
Energy consumption272 Kilowatt Hours per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal51" / 129 cm
Bring home a TV that enhances your viewing and lifestyle. Real Black Pro and amazing 3D effects deliver stunning entertainment that will change the way you see TV forever. Meanwhile, sophisticated titan black premium design is sure to complement your interior. Smart TV functionality brings you Smart Hub apps, Skype chatting, on-demand 3D video and more. Great connectivity gives access to all your multimedia content via a range of inputs, too. Change your lifestyle with a Samsung Plasma TV. Viewing will never be the same again, thanks to superior picture quality with Real Black Pro, incredible 3D effects and a sophisticated look that complements any setting. With powerful Smart TV functionality, you can enjoy Smart Hub apps, Skype chats and more. Great connectivity lets you access all your multimedia via a range of inputs, too. And with stunning slim titan black premium design with square metal stand, you’ll be happy to take a Plasma TV home. Watch all your content with ease thanks to advanced connectivity. Built-in Wi-Fi and AllShare Play functionality allow wireless access to devices without needing equipment like a wireless LAN adaptor. Access video, music and photos from your USB storage with ConnectShare Movie and enjoy content on your TV that you previously had to watch on a PC. PVR gives you to ability to record and store your favourite content right onto the TV’s HDD. Three HDMI inputs mean you can make the most of breathtaking full HD entertainment, too. Free your multimedia with better-connected technology (Web storage requires separate registration with a third-party storage provider). Experience your entertainment as it was meant to be seen, thanks to great picture quality and image enhancement. Full HD 1080p viewing gives you sharper detail, so you can enjoy your favourite movies and programmes with greater realism than ever before. Dynamically-optimised contrast, delivered by the revolutionary Real Black Pro technology, enhances the darkest areas of the image for more clarity and depth and a richer picture. Once you’ve seen the difference, it will change the way you watch TV forever. Take 3D to the next level with Samsung’s latest on-demand 3D Feature. A new world of 3D content is ready to transform your idea of fun. With 3D Explore, easily access all of your 3D contents and enjoy watching music videos, classic children’s cartoons, documentaries, movie and game trailers, and much more. And add the finishing touch with 3D Sound to complete a truly breathtaking 3D experience at home. Use a range of versatile features with the latest Smart TV functionality and powerful Dual Core multitasking for Smart Hub apps, web browsing, Skype conversations and more. With Samsung’s three new entertainment services – Fitness, Kids and Family Story - help you to exercise, entertain and educate children, as well as share special times with your family. Discover a smarter viewing experience in your living room.
Energy efficiency class:
On-mode power consumption:
272 kWh per year, based on the power consumption of the television operating 4 hours per day for 365 days. The actual energy consumption will depend on how the television is used.
Visible screen diagonal:
51 " / 129.54 cm
Remote Controller Model TM 1240
Batteries for remote control
Top customer reviews
Instead of writing a great long essay, I think I'll summarise my observations:
- Most importantly, the picture quality is great. The picture is lush, colourful and deep (slightly tweaked to my preferences but I'm no calibrator). Any natural grain is kept intact if noise reduction is off. The only negative really is that the blacks are not as deep as you'll find on Panasonic plasmas, but they're still very good. Bear in mind this is a plasma so a break-in period is recommended - don't expect amazing picture straight out of the box.
- Panel uniformity is, to my eyes, perfect. No banding, pooling, discoloured blobs, or anything of the like can be found on my set. Miles better than any LCD/LED I've seen.
- Motion is handled with ease. Cinema Smooth mode plays films in proper 24p (at 96Hz), so no worries here. Also no issues with 60hz/50hz or interlaced material. The motion is almost a revelation coming from an LCD. There are no frame creation options but they're not needed.
- The 3D is very convincing, and way better than my local cinema (which surprised me). Slight crosstalk pops up occasionally but it's never much of an issue unless the 3D depth dial is turned way up. The supplied glasses are a bit flimsy, but work fine, and hey, they're free!
- No problems with gaming either. The input lag is indiscernible and pretty much as good as you'll find anywhere, and combined with the picture quality it's pretty jaw-dropping at times.
- Image retention or 'burn in' is almost completely non-existent so far. I've only a seen a slight shading where the black bars have been after watching a widescreen movie, but they evaporate almost instantly.
- The TV makes a quiet hum when displaying brighter images but nothing distracting unless you're about 3 feet away with the sound muted.
- Connectivity is slightly limited, and is probably the only area where this TV falls short compared to its more expensive competitors. 3 HDMI sockets (most have 4), no audio out except optical, no headphone jack, etc. Check the technical specs if this may impact you.
- SmartTV functionality seems hit and miss (iPlayer keeps giving me errors), but it connects to my wifi with no problems. Not a real area of interest for me though, to be honest.
I haven't tested out all that this TV can do yet, but I've lived with it for a month and am thrilled every time I turn it on.
it has built in freeview hd & freesat and it seems to have a recording ability onto usb.
the picture is very good compared to my old 28inch crt but then it would be.
it has the option to view any tv channel/video into 3d.
to me the sound is better on this then my old box tv.
got 3hdmi, 2 usb(one 0.5A and one 1A), a scart ......
"it has 16mS input lag compared to crt tv" according to hdtvtest but i havent witnessed it yet.
havent connected to internet so will
oh and i got mine at jl price matched to 660
- The remote won't work properly (have to press buttons about three times before they will press) but I'm guessing this is because I need to replace the batteries (although that surprises me, since it's a brand new TV, and the batteries were included).
- There is no Headphone Jack on this TV. This was both surprising and disappointing. I'm still sorting out my external speakers and how they will work. There is a Optical audio output, so I will probably use this with a optical to analogue converter.
- Colour. The TV is black except for its ugly grey stand. I wish the stand was black also, but that is just my preference.
The TV itself is awesome!! The picture is great and the dreaded buzzing that you used to get with plasmas is non existent. The smart TV function is a little slow however when you start streaming in HD you forget about it!
Shame this TV's been discontinued!!