8,401
Size: 32 GB with SD Adapter|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 30 September 2015
I have purchased a number of these cards, and they have all performed flawlessly - up until the day I lost them; this one however decided to die in the middle of transferring videos and photos to my PC, the files were gone and under advanced diagnostics, the card was showing massive sector failures before becoming completely unusable.

I am tempted to send this one to Samsung, to see if it is a fake, in 15 years of buying flash memory, I have never had this happen before.

UPDATE, I have managed to get the card working by using some advanced partition tools and guess what? The card IS fake, less than 8GB of space. My own fault for not testing with H2testw, something I always do with generic cards.

Card was purchased 26th July from Amazon account "memory city", and dispatched on the 28th July 2015.
22 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 March 2015
I bought a few of the Evo Samsung micro SD cards to replace older small capacity cards
The ones I got were marked made in Korea and I have no reason to doubt they are genuine cards.

There are 4 models in the Samsung micro SD card range the normal black (class 4), the Blue (rated at class 6 but it exceeds class 10) Orange Evo (this card rated at class 10) and the Grey "Pro" range which is the fastest model out there.

Samsung don't provide write speed specifications for the card, but they claim read speeds of up to 48MB/s
I tested the cards I got on a USB 3.0 card reader and got the following results:

Read speed: 46MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Performance was decent for a class 10 UHS card this is a bit faster than the Blue class 6 card by about 4-5MB/s write speed (the biggest gain is read speed), but it's some way off the EVO grey card from Samsung (which has much faster speeds) For most users though the card is plenty fast enough for use in a phone or even a camera, though it's not a big jump over the model down from this. This card has resistance to temperature, shock, x-ray and water which adds a bit of confidence to longevity. It was however a bit slower than the Sony UHS Class 10 card which offers the same environmental protection and faster write speeds so I'd recommend that card if you need a bit more punch on the write times.

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels
review image review image
33 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 December 2015
Received a fake..., 28 Dec. 2015

ste.sully

This review is from: Samsung Memory 64 GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter (Accessory)

Previously bought one of these from Amazon in February and it works a treat. I needed another card I bought another. Unfortunately, fake micro SD cards are rife - even the big retailers struggle to spot the counterfeit ones.

The layout on the packaging was convincing and matched the Samsung box however the print quality was not great. Also a Samsung seal/holographic sticker was missing - although Samsung tend to do these more on higher value goods I have seen them on smaller SD Card, external hard drive packaging etc. so my tail is always up when these are missing. Upon inspecting the SD cards I had my suspicions. The gold foil pins on the back were not flush with the card and overly gold which is a giveaway. I put the card into the computer however the card would not format. On my laptop, Windows Explorer refused to take it and it crashed the program.

Comparing it with the same card I received in February 2015 it was quite clear this was a fake - as the attached photos shows. The producers of this fake card messed up on the card itself and the packaging with obvious differences. The photos shows the fake . The Samsung lettering font on the packaging is clearly different and the grey arrow is missing.See the Amazon or Samsung web page for the real ones. There are many warnings in this review section about the missing arrow which alerted me. Thanks folks! Was not expecting a fake from Amazon itself!
review image review image
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 October 2015
BEWARE - DO NOT BUY THESE MEMORY CARDS. Had 2 of these and they have both failed within 3 months. Very disappointed as I cannot get my money back and have lost all my photos! Be warned they become corrupted and un-usable
2727 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2015
The Genuine cards are a good item .... But sadly there are too many Fake / counterfeit cards of this nature around .. Things to look for in a fake counterfeit card are .. Non genuine cards are made in "China" and do not possess the white paint around the outer edges of the Micro SD ..
The genuine card is manufactured in "Korea" ..

Take a careful look at the SD adapter if you have one ... NON genuine Samsung adapters do not have the Samsung branding indent on the back reverse side of the SD adapter ...

Fake / Counterfeit packaging has spelling mistakes as well as an incorrect logo on the reverse of the packet stating SDHC I when in actual fact these cards are SDXC .....

Chinese characters on the reverse side of the packet instead of the guarantee period 10 years warranty ... as well as bad English language and miss-spellings are an obvious give away to fake & counterfeit items

If you suspect the item you have as being fake / counterfeit .. use H2testw.exe to examine the card ... when I did this to a fake one, I got the following report from it ... proving that it was rubbish and counterfeit .... Avoid buying from Ebay as most sellers peddle their wares on here !
With Ebay / PayPal you then you have all the hassles of dealing with PayPal and their pathetic returns night-mere procedure, in that you have to prove that you have been sent counterfeit / fake items .. "Guilty until proved innocent" mentality .. Ebay & PayPal SUCK !!!

The media is likely to be defective.
14.6 GByte OK (30783443 sectors)
46.8 GByte DATA LOST (98271277 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
46.8 GByte corrupted (98271277 sectors)
0 KByte aliased memory (0 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000003a06fa600
Expected: 0x00000003a06fa600
Found: 0x0000000000000000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 7.50 MByte/s
Reading speed: 9.15 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
review image
44 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 24 March 2015

Read speed: 46MB/s

Overall though it's a decent card and priced at affordable levels
on 1 August 2014
Samsung 32GB EVO MICRO SD MEMORY CARD CLASS 10 UHS-I 32 GB Sold by Sunwood-UK and Fulfilled by Amazon. (I specify this as amazon lump all reviews from multiple sellers together... and some people sell fakes!)

This one sold by Sunwood-UK IS GENUINE!. I Tested it with H2testw via my PC, and once installed in my mobile via google app SD Tools. Both gave results indicating this is definitely Class 10, a full 32GB, no compression, and no bad sectors or data loss.

H2testw results
Write speed 17.69mb/s and a read speed of 34.29mb/s - No Data loss - No bad sectors.

General Information:
A 32GB cards actual size is 29.7GB, which is correct, considering the actual size is 32 000 000 000 byte which a PC reads as 29.7GB. Some cards are marginally less as they sometimes have some incidental programs included to ensure integrity. Format with FAT32 and you should get 29.7GB, any less and somethings wrong .

A Class 10 card means its WRITE speed is guaranteed faster than 10Mb per second. (Class 6 faster than 6GB per sec etc) If you use H2Testw be aware that in approximately 1% of cases, some laptop/desktops running this test at about a 50% lower write speed, i.e. a card which runs normally at 15mb/sec the software says around 6mb/sec, you should always test on another computer to confirm if you get a low result.

For Most mobile phone usage a Class 6 (6mb/sec write speed) is plenty fast enough, the read speed is usually 3x that which is plenty for HD video play back, music and android phone games even in full HD. For most actual usage the you only use the WRITE speed for photo's in which case 6mb/s is plenty fast enough.
[*Or to copy something from your PC to your phone (like a TV show) in which case the transfer rate is slower than a class 10's but isn't that important as if you are connected to your PC you have the time for the transfer and speeds not that important]

Class 10 is needed for HD camcorders, when you are writing HD video images to your card then you NEED a faster WRITE speed. However as a lot of smart phones now include 10 megapixel cameras with full HD video recording in which case a Class 10 would probably be the most beneficial BUT only if you intend to utilize the HD video recording aspect.
on 6 January 2016
FAKE SD card.
I happened to purchase another 64gb SD card with usb Adaptor and released that this one was a FAKE.
The card I received has no 'arrow' after EVO, but the new card did.
Says it all really.
Compare my picture to the advertised picture.Samsung Memory 64 GB Evo MicroSDXC UHS-I Grade 1 Class 10 Memory Card with SD Adapter
Edit: 10/07/2016

I am absolutely devastated as my Samsung 64GB Evo card has failed after just 4 months of use with it now advising it is corrupt.

I lost over 4000 precious photos and videos of my children and family including photos of family members no longer with me.

I have just had to spend £11.50 to get a DiskDigger membership for it to attempt to recover some of these photos and thankfully it has managed to recover around 2000 of them but that is still half of what I have lost and a lot of very important ones are still lost because of this rubbish card. Yes I know that I should have backed them all up and I have no idea why I didn't to be honest as I always backup my PC and DSLR ones. A very hard and cruel lesson learnt!

To add insult to injury I am now having issues with Amazon trying to get a refund despite me shopping (A LOT!) on here each week. There is supposed to be a 10 year warranty on the card but going from other reviews apparently Samsung want you to ship it to them at your own cost abroad and then will only offer a replacement - NO THANKS I do not wish to have to spend even more money out and I will not be risking my precious memories with a Samsung micro SD again!

I have just purchased a SanDisk SD card and I have now learnt the valuable lesson to back-up regularly!

I cannot recommend anyone trusting this card especially as at the time of editing my 'original happy and full of praise for the card review' there are approximately 835 customers who have had the same issue and they are only the ones who have taken the time to write a review.
on 6 October 2015
Lucky enough to buy both an Amazon Fire TV and a 7" tablet, I wanted to boost the storage, and this does the job perfectly. Just pop it into the device, and you’ve got Gigabytes of space. A 64Gb card will store 64 billion characters of data or around 94 hours of SD video.

I've included some photos below indicating how to install an SD card in a tablet computer.

In addition to the Amazon Fire range, it will also work in just about any video/SLR camera or tablet computer, and at 45MB/sec it’s incredibly fast.

How much storage do I need?
======================
It depends, but even a 32Gb SD card will fit enough SD video to watch for over 65 standard definition movies or 94 hours straight. To test this, I downloaded an SD copy of “Shaun the Sheep” to an Amazon Fire tablet, and it used 497 MB. This means:-

32Gb = 11,400 JPG photos or 65 SD or 32 HD movies or 8,000 MP3 songs
64Gb = 22,800 photos or 130 SD or 64 HD movies or 16,000 songs
128Gb = 45,600 photos or 260 SD or 130 HD movies or 32,000 songs

What will it store?
=============
Anything including Video, MP3 music, Photos, Apps, word documents.

What will it work with?
================
Anything. I tried it with a Cannon EOS 700D SLR, a GoPro HERO, an Amazon Fire 7” tablet and my Fire TV. Plug in an SD card adapter, and it even works with your laptop.

What does “Speed Class” mean?
=========================
A card rated at a class 10 “speed class” means it’s fast enough handle recording a full HD video from a camera. This means it should handle more than 10 MB/sec, or ten million bits per second transfer rate. In short, this is fast enough to handle almost anything you throw at it.

How fast is this card?
================
Samsung claim 48 MB/s. I tested this with a USB 3.0 card reader and got:-

Read speed: 45MB/s
Write speed: 15MB/s

Conclusion
========
If you’ve bought a camera, tablet or Amazon Fire TV - buy one of these too.

Highly Recommended.
review image review image review image review image