on 12 June 2013
I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet a few months ago and think it's a fantastic product in almost every respect. The one problem area for me that I couldn't get to the bottom of was why it was taking so long to charge. With the Samsung-branded charger that came with it, a full charge was taking almost 24 hours and a red cross was appearing while the charger was plugged in, indicating that the product was discharging (it wasn't but it may as well have been!).

I tried discharging completely and then recharging but nothing changed. A phone call to Samsung customer services was very unhelpful as there was a long waiting time and when I finally got through to someone, she wasn't able to speak English fluently. After a very difficult conversation where I had to ask her to repeat herself several times, the message I received was that I should do a factory reset and try recharging again and if that failed, call Samsung customer services again.

I tried as she suggested but this failed to solve the problem. Fed up at this stage, I gave up and decided I couldn't go through another difficult phone call. An internet search showed many other people have the same problem with Samsung tablets. I put up with the poor charging for several months until a few weeks ago when a friend of mine brought his Galaxy Note tablet to my place and tried using my charger. He mentioned that my charger simply is not powerful enough for a tablet and that his charger (this product) is much better. That's what led me to purchase this.

I would love to talk about how great this charger is but the truth is, this is how all the chargers Samsung send out with their £300 tablets should be in the first place: functional and quick. Charging now only takes a few hours and there's not a red discharging cross in sight.

Note to all Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 owners experiencing the red discharging cross: try this product (it works!).

5/5 for this charger and 0/5 for Samsung's awful customer service and underpowered stock charger.
on 13 January 2013
after the original charger failing after 2 months of use we tried using other forms of charging appliances from other makers but always had the dreaded red cross on the battery and it took forever to charge, original charger with no red cross and its charging in half the time. case closed.
on 1 July 2013
Fake samsung item, bought this and after 1 use, stopped working. On closer inspection, found item to have seriously overheated and melted the plastic usb housing. Could have caused a fire! Beware.
on 10 August 2012
this is a genuine samsung product with a seal so your promised that it is new and an authentic product (ie) not an aftermarket product that are available to buy on amazon
on 17 January 2013
100% This is the same adaptor that originally came with my 10.1" tablet. It supplies plenty of curren to rapidly charge the tablet and enough to power peripherals too.
on 13 September 2013
Bought this as a back up charger for my 5 month old Galaxy tablet. It looks like an original Samsung charger, but in reality performs much better. Charging time has been reduced by over an hour from the same starting point and the battery has lasted considerably longer, given that I tend to do pretty much the same stuff at the same time of day.

I'm very impressed with it and would recommend it.
on 21 July 2013
I bought mine from what I thought was a Uk supplier.. infact it came from abroad. Was packed well and looked like a genuine samsung charger.. and was advertise as a charger for 10.1 tablet. First use .. pluged it into the wall and connected the tablet to charge. When fully charged (which took longer than a mains charger), unplugged my device, and then went to unplug the charger. It felt hot and so did the usb lead. On extrating the plug, the housing came away in my hand leaving just the pins in the socket. Extremely dangerous!
I have read many reviews, and it appears tablets need a higher charging amp than phones. If you are using a charger which gets hot as well as the usb cable when charging your tablet, then you are using a charger ment for a phone, and can damage your device or worse be an electrical fire hazzard. I have just ordered a mains charger for my tablet. It was advertised as 2.1v so I am hoping this one works, charges fast, doesn't overheat or comes away from its pins. I will post a review once it has arrived and been tested.
on 25 May 2014
This is an original charger adapter

The wiring came undone at the adapter part of the cable for my galaxy tab 10.1 ( the 1st one ) and would no longer charge so i needed a cheap replacement and this seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

highly recommend this
on 20 September 2013
I bought two of these for my Nephew and Nieces Samsung galaxy tablets. These were what i was looking for as a replacement charger for both of them. They are great as good as the original ones and only came within a day or two after ordering. I would like to thank the supplier for a great service and top marks for these. To see the joy on the faces they can recharge the tablets again was brilliant. I would 100% recommend using this supplier.
on 9 August 2013
I recently lost my charger and needed a new one (as my wife got annoyed by me borrowing hers all the time). This came from China faster than many similar orders I've made from vendors in the UK.

The product is a pukka Samsung item and its performance has been as expected.

Very pleased.