Samsung LE46F86 - 46'' Widescreen 1080P Full HD LCD Television - With Freeview
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Gloss black designer styling with Samsung's famous quality finish with 'hidden' speakers for an altogether classic look
- Full HD 1080p panel with full 1080p signal support combined with LCD 100Hz picture technology delivers an absoultely stunning picture performance
- HD Ready compatible
- HDMI version 1.3 support
- HDMI CEC Technology for ease of use
- Super clear panel technology
- 46 inch widescreen format
- Screen resolution 1920 x 1080
- Built in Freeview Tuner using MHEG format
- 25000:1 Dynamic picture contrast
- 550 cd/m2 brightness
- Wide colour enhancement system
- Samsung's unique DNIe technology Digital Natural Image Engine
- Movie Plus technology which enhances the video signal
- 2 x 10 watts power output
- SRS TruSurround sound effect
- Nicam stereo or A2 mono output
- 1000 page teletext
- Single tuner picture in picture
- Still picture mode
- Gaming contrast mode
- Auto volume leveller gets rid of loud adverts
- Auto channel search
- Sleep On/Off timer
- Auto power off
- Multi language on screen displays
- 3 x HDMI connections (2 rear and 1 side)
- 1 x USB 2.0 connection slot
- Headphone jack
- Wireless headphone ready via BlueTooth
- SVideo input
- RF in
- Component in
- 2 x scart connections
- Composite AV
- PC in DSub
- Audio out L/R
- Optical sound out
- Swivel stand for 20 degrees right or left swivel
- Compatible with Samsung's auto wall mount bracket
- Product dimension on stand H753mm W1223mm D320mm Weight 32.8kg
- Product dimensions without stand H687mm W1223mm D111mm Weight 27.7kg
- Packaged dimensions H877mm W1347mm D424mm Weight 40.2kg
- Compatible VESA wallmount 600 x 400, not included
- Remote control and power cable incuded
Customers also shopped for
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
1080p HD Ready
Samsung now offers 1080p HD Ready - the highest definition you can get. This is an LCD TV that takes you to new heights in picture quality. These HDTV images have riveting impact - showing you lifelike detail, clarity, and colour like you've never seen before.
HDTV allows you to experience television like never before with the widest range of colours and the clearest images. High Definition contains four or five times as many pixels making the image much clearer than standard definition.
100HZ Motion Plus
Samsungs LCD 100Hz converts the amount of images intelligently from 50 to 100 frames per second by inserting a frame between each two frames. The inserted frame maintains the detailed motion characteristics of the video, and goes through motion estimation and compensation processing. Therefore, compared to a mere duplication and insertion of frames, more natural motion can be realised without undermining other characteristics such as clarity, brightness and colour.
Three High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) connections make your TV a multimedia centrepiece. Connect HD digital devices like disc players, game consoles, satellite dish boxes into the 2 rear connections and use the side-mounted input for cameras, camcorders and laptops. HDMI is the best performing interface for displaying an HD source on a HDTV.
Samsung LCD TVs offer unparalleled picture quality that can be optimised for gaming at the touch of a button. It allows for H-sharpness and a faster response time in the games. In addition, its powerful surround sound effects produce a magical environ-ment of wonder that is filled with excitement and joy.
With the Wiselink USB connection, you can listen to mp3s or display photo/image files (jpeg only) in your digital camera USB memory stick or memory card. In addition, USB 2.0 supports high speeds of up to 480 Mbps which is 40 times faster than the speed of USB 1.1.
Top customer reviews
- Audio output lags the TV speaker, thus if you are planning to use the audio output with a home theater system then you need to mute the TV otherwise you will hear two distinct sounds
- USB port allows you to view jpg and play mp3. The navigation and utility of this option leaves a lot room for improvement. I was thinking of using this as an optional photo frame, but :(
- If you are a cleanness freak, then you have a very tough time keep the TV clean, as this tele is dust magnet
- Screen reflects quite a lot, thus if are planning to use the TV in a bright room, you will find it difficult to avoid the strong reflection.
One word of caution as per other reviews, this set does take some time to set up. It arrives in "Dynamic" mode with colours which are very lurid. However, spend some time chaging these setting and you will be rewarded with a great performing and great value set. There are also many menu's and sub menu's to use to tweak the setting to your liking....Samsung could be accused of giving you too much choice.
All in all a great set, very highly recomended, but it helps to have a home cinema kit and at the very minimum an upsacling DVD player or you will miss out on the areas where this TV is a class leader.
Freeview is really clear and very nice to watch and cartoons are now super sharp and extremely colourful (but not over colourful so it hurts your eyes.)Watching HD films seem so realistic as explosions and fires seem clear as the human eye could make out.
"The smaller things make the bigger things in life...Fact!" The touch pad on the side and the touch on/off switch (with a blue glowwy light! )truly was extremely nice to play with and you are overcome with a sense of childness (like oooo look at me play with this cool toy). Also the unit as a whole (even when off) still look really nice and modern with clear bits on a side and wait for it... a swivel stand!!!<!!! Its really nice and glossy black :D
However, one major criticism which left me wondering why?... the remote control is really tacky. Its got to be said, I was expecting a fancy silver remote with a gazillion buttons and shiny bits and loads of cool stuff but whatyou get is a black block. Not even shiny... just a matte block with its best feature being a tacky orange backlight which only lights up 4 buttons. I mean even the Sky remote controller looked better!! (the white one) and I thought that looked hideous...
Nevertheless I still think this tele has made my life (well for this week anyway) and I will be looking forward to those times i'm sitting at home, smashing away on the games controller staring in awe, completely oblivious to the outside world :D