Samsung I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 Sim Free Mobile Phone
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Powerful dual core processor
- Large 3.8" display and slim form factor in a stylishly minimalist, comfortably portable desig
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
Amazon Shopping Apps for Phone and Tablet
Shopping Apps designed for your mobile device. Get the Amazon Shopping App for Android Phone, iPhone, Windows Phone and iPad. Learn More
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Colour Name: Black
GALAXY Ace 2 showcases upgraded smartphone features and premium usabilities in a highly desirable device with massive appeal. Powerful dual core processor and faster HSPA-driven downloading facilitate higher performance to satisfy multimedia / web users and social networkers alike. Large 3.8" display and slim form factor in a stylishly minimalist, comfortably portable design. Huge 4GB memory capacity and powerful battery also support extensive and extended usage. Outfitted with Full TouchWiz 4.0 UI including Motion UX, GPS / GLONASS combo for full global coverage navigation and smart NFC-enabled contactless transactions - incredibly cutting edge but entirely accessible.
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Anyway, I eventually pursuaded myself to get a smartphone and then started the immense task of choosing one! There are so many. Thankfully, I did not want an iphone (price tag or status symbol). I also did not want one of these mini-tablet things that people seem to be getting nowadays. I also did not want the most basic version available. Hence, the options became more limited since I wanted a mid-range and mid-sized phone. Had to be Android (of course!), but not necessarily the latest version. I wanted a sim-free one so I could swap sim if abroad and so I could use my current sim here in the UK.
This phone ticked all the boxes. Samsung is a world leader in the electronics market and their phones have a very good reputation. This one has an upgraded screen, processor and memory relative to the original Ace. I also got a "nearly new" one from Amazon, which although it did not have the original box, came with leads and charger together with some basic instructions, together with a large discount! The phone itself looked like new. Not a mark on it.
I just love the good sized display, which is crystal clear and even very small text is easy to read. It has two cameras, GPS, wi-fi, bluetooth, etc, etc. The list of features is almost endless! I am finding new uses for its "smartness" all the time and I am soooo pleased to have decided to get it.Read more ›
The only niggles I have are:
1. I keep pressing the volume bar and changing the sound whenever I click the power button (which are on opposite ends of the phone), or use the camera. I would have liked the power button to be on the top of the phone.
2. The battery is only ok. It will last two days on very light use or 1 day if you use it often. I suggest disabling the wifi, and data network when you are not using the phone.
3. The details for the phone state is has 4GB internal storage and 768 Mb RAM, however when I go to the memory settings, I can see only 2GB (1 GB system storage and 1GB USB storage) and RAM shows as 555MB.
4. This one is not an issue with the phone but with Android apps. Most apps you download either want to access your phone details (status, id, number and who is calling), your contact list, calendar, your location, or all of the above even when the app is just a game like solitaire. So far I have resisted installing any of those apps and only choose the ones that need the most basic rights. It would be good if you could prevent apps from accessing your personal data unless you authorise them.
The reasons I bought this particular phone as opposed to all the other mid range ones out there:
1. It was the only phone I could find that had front side camera for under £250 and was a newly released phone. I thought this would be standard on most phones but it's not.
2. The video promo for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 shows it will be Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) upgradable.
3. Memory upgradable.Read more ›
In my opinion, between 150 and 200 quid this is pretty much unbeatable. Had a good play with it and can't fault it much. Here are the positives as I see it:
1) Cheap for a sim-free android phone
2) Light and compact, unlike some gargantuan monsters available.
3) Very crisp and bright screen, I can't make out individual pixels so effectively "retina"
4) Very slick and responsive interface, no lag at all prob thanks to the dual-core processor
5) Takes a cheap microSD to store all your pics/video/music
6) Screen/phone size is great compromise between pocketability and useable real-estate (noticeably bigger than iPhone4)
7) Serious sized battery for enough juice on the go
8) Very compact charger (euro version)
9) Will receive an Android 4.1 upgrade in the new year courtesy of Samsung
10) Google android Play market trumps App store and Nokia/Windows for range of useable and low cost/free apps.Read more ›