Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch - Silver [Energy Class A+++]
|Price:||£229.99 (£563.70 / 100 g) & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Gear S2 comes full circle with a durable stainless steel body that sits slim and sleek on your wrist. Customizing the watch face and changing watch bands is so easy, it's a device for all occasions.
- Gear S2 X ATELIER MENDINI: In a beautiful partnership, Alessandro Mendini brings his taste, humor and sense of color to the Gear S2. The result is a range of watch faces and watch bands that completes your personal style.
- Things you need most from your smartphone are available with a simple twist on Gear S2. Gently turn the Bezel to scroll through long emails, zoom into a map and play the next track. Life keeps getting better with every turn.
- Taking charge of your health is easy with Gear S2. Track your daily activity levels, heart rate and water vs. caffeine intake. Continue to stay fit with timely motivational messages. Monitor daily activity levels, Track water vs. caffeine intake, Measure your pulse, Select type of exercise, Count your steps
- Stay in the loop, keep fit and even buy a latte with Gear S2. And when it's time for a recharge, simply place it on the wireless charging dock. With enough space to store 300 songs synced seamlessly from your phone, your favorite playlists go where you go. Even when you leave your phone at home to go for a run. Gear S2 and Level U Bluetooth headphones are all you need.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
SAMSUNG Gear S2 Silver
SAMSUNG Gear S2 Silver
Look for similar items by category
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
So, let's compare it instead to Android Wear of which I have plenty of experience as I've owned a couple and currently have a Sony Smartwatch 3.
First things first: ALL Android Wear watches have exactly the same interface and exactly the same functionality. There are some minor differences in hardware (eg the Sony SW3 has a GPS, most have WiFi) but that's it. They all run the same OS and the all do the same thing. Excluding the GPS, you pick your Android Wear watch on it's looks and price rather than what it does because they all do the same thing. I think I've made that point now :)
And that is Android Wear's downfall. If you want notifications: traffic delays, weather, SMS, email, twitter updates etc, then it's fine. But once those notifications have been dismissed, that's it. Really. You can NOT go back to them. There is no "app" for browsing your SMS, there is no app for browsing your email (any email other than gmail for which there is an app). If you dismiss a traffic notification, you have 5 seconds to "undo" it, but after that it has gone and you have to get your phone out and check it on there. To me, that is it's limiting factor.Read more ›
On the plus side, the rotating bezel works really well, and it's nice to be able to just swipe away notifications, whereas on the Gear S you need to tap on screen icons to do that. Unlike the Gear S, the Gear S2 also has NFC, which will be useful when Samsung Pay eventually arrives here in the UK. Also, the S2, being a smaller watch, fits under my shirt cuffs much more easily than the Gear S.
But for me, the Gear S is better in pretty much all other respects. The S2's Settings options are more limited - you can't change the display timeout, you can't set wallpaper. Also the apps for the S2 are not the same as for the S. For example, there's no Opera Mini Browser (though it probably wouldn't be much use on a screen so small anyway), there's no magnetic sensor so no compass, no Bullet News. And although the S2's screen is (I think) higher resolution, the screen on the S is, for me, much better, simply because it's a) larger and b) rectangular rather than round. The Gear S is still, imo, the smart watch display to beat - it displays text much better than anything else I've seen, you can set your own wallpaper etc. and the resolution is more than adequate.
As you'll have gathered, I shan't be selling my Gear S. I'll keep both watches, and use the Gear S2 when I need something smaller that will hide under my shirtsleeves. If you're thinking of buying this watch, I strongly recommend that you try both it and the Gear S, and have a good play with both of them to see which one suits you better.
At A Glance
* Very clear sAMOLED display
* Unique rotating bezel makes navigation simple
* On screen T9 keyboard works better than you'd expect
* No built in speaker for calls and alerts
* Shortage of Apps
My personal point of reference is the stainless steel Apple Watch with Milanese loop, which I had lovingly worn every day since it's arrival on launch day last April, but the recent change to a Galaxy S7 prompted the need for something new on my wrist
The packaging for this device is far from inspiring. Although Samsung have clearly thought about the circular design, the very first thing you feel when picking up the box is how cheap and flimsy it is. It certainly made me wonder if this was a taste of things to come. Inside the box, you'll find the usual bits of paper you will never read, along with a wall charger with a permanently connected USB cable, and a desk charger. Finally the watch is neatly placed inside, with lots of cellophane to protect it.
The companion app on your choice of compatible Galaxy phone must be downloaded, and pairing is simple, fast and uncomplicated. Within a few minutes you can strap the device to your wrist.
The feature that set this wearable aside from its competition is definitely the rotating bezel.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Bought this for my son for xmas he said it is a great watch and worth the moneyPublished 7 days ago by karen varty
I like its size. Not too big. Usage is ok. Belt broke after 1 week use. Warranty change took almost 2 weeks, and Samsung customer support wasn't very helpful.Published 17 days ago by Amazon Customer
Love it love it love it!
Was a little apprehensive before buying a smartwatch, though it was a fad. But to my surprise, I use it everyday. Read more
Nice smart watch with good features and battery life. However heart rate monitor is poor. It often fails to read heartrate or reads incorrectly in comparison to my fitbit which is... Read morePublished 1 month ago by irish tech fan
Bought this for my wife and she loves it, although we thought she would be able to answer the phone on the watch it's self but you can't, it tells her when someone is calling which... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Darren Frodsham