Top positive review
94 people found this helpful
Great mid-priced, mid-sized phone
on 13 August 2014
This is my second Samsung phone (I upgraded from a Galaxy S2) and I am very pleased with my purchase. Clearly, there are phones which are larger and/or more powerful. For me, however, I thought this was a great combination of a medium-sized phone that fits my hand comfortably and excellent (but not amazing) performance.
* The first thing I noticed was how fast apps run on this phone and how quickly I can transition from one app to another one. Having upgraded from the often sluggish S2, I am very pleased with the speediness of the S4.
* The phone has a microSD slot so that I could put in my 32GB card with all of the videos and music that I like to have with me. Many mid-priced to cheaper phones do not provide a microSD card slot, which to me is a waste of time.
* For me, this is the perfect size of phone. The screen is larger than the iPhone 4 or 5; the screen size is the same as the Galaxy S2 but the body is smaller than the Galaxy S2
* The screen is clear and bright
* The camera takes excellent quality photos outdoors. In fact, to reduce the amount of memory that each photo takes up, I have reduced the camera quality slightly.
There's nothing that I am unhappy with. However, some things which you might consider:
* Do you want a larger screen? Most top-end phones have significantly larger screens. I wanted something that fit my small to mid-sized hand so this works for me. If you have thick fingers, you might plump for a larger screen on which it is easier to type
* Do you want the fastest performance? This is NOT a quad core phone so if you are looking to play games which rely on lots of screen animation, this may not be the phone for you.
A very good phone for those who in particular want a mid-sized phone.