on 23 February 2013
As you would expect from someone who has been writing tailored computer textbooks with a fair size dollop of patience and humour, Dan Gookin's Galaxy Tab for Dummies comes up to expectations. If you have this book at hand while you're learning to use your tablet, then the process should be easier and shorter.
Two comments I would make. One is not a criticism of the book, but to be at its most effective the version of your Galaxy Tab needs to match exactly the one covered by the book. There are several Galaxy Tab variants, so watch out for that.
The other one is about the problems of absolute beginners. For many years I was a starter tutor showing "Dummies" and Idiots" how to use their new computers. I didn't feel that Dan coped so well in helping novices to navigate away from some place on the tablet that they didn't mean to get to. Sometimes the Go Back button will take you back, but sometimes you've done something quite different and you end up somewhere new. The trouble is, when someone hamfisted gets going, you can't tell what exact chaos they're going to land themselves with.
What would I do about it? It's difficult. There are so many ways of going wrong. But one suggestion might be, have an early days troubleshooting guide somewhere in the first few chapters and give some examples of you having intended to do A, you end up with B and how to deal with that the best way you can.
Just a thought, one way perhaps to make a good book even better.
Russ
on 6 January 2015
Excellent. Easy to understand. Speaks my language as I am not into "Technology" in a big way. I have bought quite a few "Books For Dummies" on various subjects. So very very useful,especially as firms do not issue too many manuals now. If there is one it's just an abridged version. Of little help at all.
on 25 March 2014
This book covers a lot of areas and it has helped with getting around my Galaxy Tab 3 as I have found it difficult in places as I am a novice on computers an Samsung does not give you an instruction book.
on 16 March 2014
A definite must have for Tab 3 users.Clear understandable instructions- I have only used Windows 7 laptop before so I found this book essential.
on 17 May 2014
Perfect book for technophobes like me. Easy to understand instructions and ckear photos make learning how to use the tablet simple and better still, I do not have to ask for help from my children anymore and be subject to their scorn lol!
on 24 January 2013
this was the only galaxy tab book i could see but is not right for the galaxy 10.1 tab...ggggrrrr... should be made clear
on 23 February 2016
Book was very good we are very happy. Reached us in time and as expected.

on 13 February 2015
Excellent book very informative gave me a lot of confidence to use my tablet thanks to Dan Goodwin for putting in plain English that even I a seventy four years old like me could understand
would certainly recommend it
on 4 January 2017
very clear and easy to understand for dummies
on 20 March 2013
This book gave good basics, but some of what was said was for the American version only. The UK version does differ in several respects.
If this had been purely for the uk tab, I would have given it 5 stars. Other wise it is a very comprehensive book.