Samsung DVD-V6800/XEU - VCR/DVD Player Combi
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Compact twin format player for space saving benfits and the ability to play VHS tapes and DVD from one machine , so your back catalogue of VHS tapes can still be enjoyed
- Playback formats VHS , DVD , DVD-R , DVD-RW , DVD+R , DVD+RW , MP3 , WMA , JPEG , DIVX (MPEG4)
- 10 bit video processing 54MHz and 24 bit audio processing 96KHz
- Features Dobly Digital , moving zoom , super scan playback x2x8x32x128 , EZ view , Instant replay and skip , Child lock
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Samsung VCR/DVD Player Combi DVDV6800
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Found this code on a forum for another player and it works, make sure you don't have a disk in.
1. Turn on player with no disc in the tray. "No disk" appears on screen.
2. Press the "Repeat" key on the remote.
3. Press "57538" on the remote. A number should appear on screen, indicating your player's current region (e.g. "2").
4. Press the number for your required region (e.g. "1") or "9" for region-free/all-regions. The number will appear on screen, replacing the previous number (from step 3).
5. Press "Open/Close Tray" and leave the tray open for a few seconds.
6. Press "Power On/Off". The tray closes automatically and the player turns off. Next time you turn it on, it is region free (or whatever Region you selected in step 4).
I have already had it fixed because the DVDs would freeze while playing, and then get stuck in the machine. (The repair was free as it's in its 1 year warranty.)
Other than all that, it does play VHS tapes and DVDs in the way you would expect. I haven't tried recording onto vhs yet.
But I would hesitate before recommending this product and kind of wish I'd bought something else.
Screen-menu's are clear and intuitive; setting up the machine is child's play.
A lot of machine for the little money you pay.
Several weeks later... I have finally received the refund of the full amount plus postage. They arranged a pick up by Parcelforce, although did not bother to check whether I would be around when Parcelforce turned up. All went well, until I returned home one day to find that Parcelforce had tried to deliver a package. I went to the sorting office and picked up... the same player that I had just returned and had received a refund for: I could have kept it but am too honest, so I went through the rigmarole of getting Pixmania to have Parcelforce pick up the package again. A lot of hassle for £57 and I bet it cost them more to email me over ten times and arrange two Parcelforce pick ups than the cost of the item. So, anyone got any recommendations for a VHS/DVD dual recorder and dual player for under £75?
This is where i'm hoping somebody might be able to help me, am I able to switch the dvd play to english so i can understand the menus?
plus on a side note and this isn't really anything against the dvd player. when it was delivered today the packaging was shocking. it was all ripped to bits. If it wasn't for the fact that none of the holes in the bag were big enough to fit the dvd player though i would of said it looked like somebody had switched them.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this to turn old home videos into DVDs - and it did this quickly and easily. There is a button that does this function, so is really easy - you can do VCR > DVD, or DVD >... Read morePublished on 22 Jun. 2013 by J. Vance
Shortly after a year of purchase of this item (yet I didn't buy it from Amazon) I can sit back and watch 40 to 60 minutes of a dvd before it stops. Read morePublished on 25 Nov. 2009 by Christian Ferris
The product is not a model in production.
It can only receive analogue signals.
Very limited life, as the whole country converts to digital. Read more
I have two dvd players both work intermittantly, need a video player after my ancient one broke down, they are far more reliable, if it isn't the dvd player its the dvd thats... Read morePublished on 16 May 2009 by H. Plant
This product is great value and I am delighted with it. My previous machine was not playing videos any more. It has gone to a good home. Everyone is happy.Published on 14 May 2009 by wolffie
Swift delivery, basic but exactly what expected, great value for money. Thank you very much.Published on 30 April 2009 by N. Reilly
the multi region hack works like a dream very pleased as you pay more for a multi region dvd combi ,the player works fine not as smooth as some players when the dvd closes ,there... Read morePublished on 23 April 2009 by louise upson
Samsung DVD-V6800/XEU - VCR/DVD Player Combi
Hi, I am the IT guy for a school who bought 5 of these units to replace some aging Sony units. Read more