on 15 February 2013
I've had quite a few arguments with Samsung over the past few years on the subject of consumables. I'm pretty unhappy with the longevity of this product. Rather than print reasonable quality right to the end of the cartridge, as I found with those which fitted my previous Samsung printer (CLX-3185), the print quality from this cartridge became very faded and indistinct prior to expiry. In fact I felt compelled to change it before the toner level indicator hit 0%. Could it be that Samsung are putting less toner into the cartridges to improve profitability? That's just my speculation. I'll see how the next cartridge fares. At £43 a cartridge, I think the buyer has a right to expect better quality than this. I haven't taken this up with Samsung directly, but I'm sure if I did, their response would simply be that the remaining level of toner is 'just a guideline'.
I'll be voting with my feet now that my favourite 'DIY refill supplier' has an engineered a refill process.
7 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 September 2015
I'm delighted with this cartridge. It's easy to change, designed to be handled. The black print is crisp and clear. The previous cartridge never clogged up and the printer can always show how much toner powder remains.

When I had changed the cartridge, I was able to print out a label from the Samsung STAR programme which enabled me to wrap this old bit of equipment in the packaging of the replacement, and post it all free to a local outlet which recycles cartridge and packaging. Perfect.
One person found this helpful
on 17 March 2016
I bought 2 of these Cartridges for when the original one needed replacing, I have a Samsung CLX-3305W, I've just gone to change it and the printer said the cartridge is not compatible, I tried several times still same problem, I opened the second Cartridge and have the same problem, the Cartridges are exactly the same in every way as the one the came with the printer, can anyone help me with this problem as they are now both open and can not return them.
One person found this helpful
on 1 January 2018
bought this and it printed 10 sheets then it stopped, I had to take out all the other cassettes and reload a few times until the machine accepted this colour. However the others I bought at the same time worked fine,
on 9 December 2013
My previous colour laser badged dell but made by Samsung easily printed 4 times as many pages as these cartridges. As a teacher using a lot of ink I am getting about 500 pages out of the colour cartridges which is very expensive printing. I'll probably try and buy another printer in the summer.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 November 2017
Great. Exactly as described. Safely packed but not overly packed. Easy to fit and, more importantly, instructions of how to repack it and send it back to Samsung for recycling.
on 16 December 2016
I have a samsung printer C460FW which worked fine. However, eventually i needed a new toner. I pulled the existing toner out which has sticker on it saying "replace with CLT-K406S. I went online to amazon and bought this cartridge which it says is "CLT-K406S/ELS" and is an original samsung toner. Seems like the right thing so bought it. I put it in the machine and the printer gives me an error message "Not compatible black toner"!
Beware of buying samsung printers...and their toners....
on 4 January 2017
finished very quickly , so i have stopped using the printer and never to buy another Samsung , keeps jamming , its rubish , stick my old canon , have had for 8 years .
on 14 October 2016
Toner cartridge failed at about 45% remaining, spewing yellow toner all over the inside of the printer and leaving yellow streaks all over the prints. I replaced it with a non-Samsung compatible cartridge at a third of the cost... which works perfectly, unlike the official product!
on 5 June 2016
I thought I was ordering the P404C as pictured but received the P406C - I realise this is what was listed but I checked the pictures to ensure they would fit. I feel this is misleading, I now have £120 worth of toner product that doesn't fit my printer (I have now opened the black to fit it and this is how I realised) and I have missed the window for return because I bought it well in advance for fear of running out. I now have no toner and printing that is needed tomorrow. Very frustrating indeed.