on 14 December 2017
This laptop is quite terrible in all honesty. It was thin which was it's only real pro.The processor is slow and the quad-core doesn't make multitasking better for this laptop as it would lag with multiple tabs in chrome and even from switching from a browser to word. The keyboard is thin and travel isn't good at all, it's very chicklet and not nice to type on at all, the track pad has ghosting problems and wasn't very accurate. The screen is mediocre, the battery life was actually fine at around 6 hours for me at a good enough brightness. But the performance and feel of the keyboard and touchpad let this laptop down quite a bit. It's a shame because i thought the ATIV books were reliable and a god series but this model definitely isnt.
on 13 January 2015
Great laptop, really fast start-up, actually pretty fast in general. The screen resolution is amazing! The webcam doesn't have such great resolution though, but if you don't really use the webcam so much its not really much of a problem.
It came with windows 8 but I upgraded to 8.1 for free in the app store, which was really great. It doesn't come with office though, so you'll need to purchase that separately if you want it.
My favourite thing about this laptop is that its light and really thin, so its really portable.
the touchscreen is also really smooth and fast, just like a Samsung tablet, but you don't even need to use it that much because the touchpad is also really smooth and easy to scroll with. Scrolling with the touchpad is similar to using a touchpad on an apple mac, not quite as good of course, but with the touchscreen I personally think that this laptop is better, and it was a really great price. Even though it was previously used, it works like new.
It came a little dusty and dirty in the post though, which was my only issue so far, but it made no difference to the laptop performance itself so it wasn't such a big deal.
on 24 January 2015
After hearing so many bad things about windows 8 I have to say I was expecting the worst but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised to be honest as it's not as bad a painted! it took me less than five minutes to side step the traditional start button by just adding a task bar to the main menu bar linked to windows x86 programs, it's as simple as that (ok you see all the things you don't want to but it gives direct access to all installed programs within this folder and allows you to add desk top icons) The thing I'm disappointed with is the build quality! I have a samsung chrome book (ok it's a newer product) that was under £200 but the build is better! The touch pad doesn't feel clunky the keyboard feels like a finished item, there is just that lack of effort to make a decent finished product from the ATIV Book 9 lite it feels rushed. Personally I feel sorry for the people that paid the original asking price, but it works for me and is a good replacement for the netbook that was struggling under windows 7 even after doubling the RAM.
on 1 August 2015
Extremely slow. The Quad-core 1.4GHz processor is actually an old AMD mobile processor and it makes everything other than browning with a few tabs open painfully slow. There are better options in this price range, including tablets that would be actually much faster than this product. You cannot expand the 4GB memory either. As a net-book for browsing and writing while travelling it would work great, but then again there are better options at this price.
on 24 September 2015
I love my husband and kids a lot. But this Samsung comes closely behind. I can't fault it. Instantly turns on (ie great for meetings and 10minutes work catch up here and there), battery is superb more than 12 months on, double hard drive so can split work and personal storage, never lets me down and looks smart. Finally carrying my laptop to and from work does not ruin my shoulder; this is a perfect laptop for a commuter/ regular traveler. I shopped around to find the perfect model and pleased I did; this laptop is utterly superb.
on 5 July 2014
I purchased this as needed a laptop in England in a hurry. I already have a Samsung Notebook (but left in my home in NZ), Tablet and S111 phone and love Samsung products. I expected this laptop would be as good as my other devices, however, a bit disappointed. The sound is not very good, Windows 8 is very frustrating, the touch keypad mouse is slow (even after adjustment) and it hasn't got a lot of memory compared to other laptops of similar price, although I knew this when purchased. Unfortunately I needed the laptop for a 12 week live-in course I was attending so I wasn't able and didn't have time to return it, which I would have done under other circumstances.
on 3 October 2016
The battery lasted only just over a year. Seems it had a timebomb waiting for the warranty to expire. Now it only works plugged into the power supply. Not what I expected after the price I paid for a laptop.
on 18 June 2014
I needed a light weight laptop tor travelling and this fits the bill, only need it for surfing and emails so it does that perfectly.
very light weight, only had it for 1 week so not had a great deal of use.
connects to wifi home and abroad no problem.
first time I've had windows 8 so trying to get used to it.

like others say the mouse pad can be a bit sensitive which is annoying.
on 10 June 2014
So pleased with this laptop. It is so light and compact with is perfect for me. I use it for running a small business and for emails and internet shopping. It is perfect for this. It doesn't have a disc drive so all files must be put onto an external pen drive. I don't play games or listen to music on it. Great price for a little lap top.
on 2 January 2015
This was a pretty good value buy and light. For most things its performance is fine, but you'd not want it if you were a games player. The solid state hard drive helps the performance but with only 128Gb I do need to reply on cloud storage.