- Also check our best rated Fancy Dress reviews
2 year Accidental Damage & Breakdown Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Samsung M3 1TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Black - HX-M101TCB/G
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Compare with similar items
Toshiba HDTB410EK3AA 1TB Canvio Basics 2.5-Inch USB 3.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black
Seagate 1 TB Expansion USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 (STEA1000400)
Maxtor 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard drive
WD 1TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive - USB 3.0, for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 - Black
Seagate 1 TB Backup Plus Slim USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive for PC and Mac with 2 Months Free Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Black
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Skydigital||DMSELLER||Amazon.co.uk||SMB HIFI||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk|
|Data Transfer Rate||4,915.2 MB per second||—||4,915.2 MB per second||480 MB per second||1 MB per second||5,120 MB per second|
|Hard Disk Rotational Speed||5,400 rpm||0 rpm||5,400 rpm||5,400 rpm||1 rpm||5,400 rpm|
|Hard Disk Size||1 TB||1,000 GB||1 TB||1,000 GB||1,000 GB||1 TB|
|Item Dimensions||11.18 x 8.13 x 2.03 cm||10.9 x 7.8 x 1.4 cm||8 x 11.7 x 1.48 cm||11.2 x 8.2 x 1.75 cm||12.9 x 4.6 x 14.2 cm||11.4 x 7.6 x 1.2 cm|
|Item Weight||0.68 kg||149 grams||181 grams||151 grams||130 grams||159 grams|
|Memory Storage Capacity||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1,000||1 TB|
|Size||1TB||1TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB||1 TB|
|Special Feature||LED indicators^Operating temperature range:5 - 40 °C^USB powered||Hot Swap Function; BUS powered||USB powered^Yes||Operating temperature range:5 - 40 °C^USB powered^Yes||Hot Swap Function; BUS powered||Hot Swap Function^BUS powered|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Samsung M3 Portable External Hard Drive delivers handy portable storage. It is easy to take wherever you go, and has ample capacity up to 1TB. The durable black design stands up to the rigors of daily use.
M3 Portable External Hard Drive
Software preloaded on the drive
Electronic User Documentation (PDF)
Customers also shopped for
10,833 customer reviews
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
External hard drives should last more than 1 year =/ and had to but a new one (not this) and now for some stupid reason since I redownloaded my games on the new external hard drive BT have charged me £200 😡 Yet I'm on BT infinity 1 (unlimited downloads) so thanks Samsung.
The returns process was pretty dire truth be told. If you are undertaking a return I recommend calling them up and speaking to someone as they are extremely helpful and it makes the process easier. Via email (which was the first way I attempted a return) it was such an inefficient process of stating your problem on the website, a member of the returns team would email you personally with ways they want you to rectify the problem and then you would have to start the process again with a different member of staff who would ask the same questions. It was extremely infuriating, time consuming (excess of 20 emails sent) and belittling as I am very competent with computers. Once this was all done the actual returning of the product was pretty straightforward. Ignore all the packaging they want on the website as it cost fifteen dollars and wasn't available in the UK, a box and bubble wrap was fine, based on the help of a lovely lady on the phone.
Second hard drive is working pretty well, only once had an issue of the hard drive not being recognised but otherwise its doing its job. Only thing I would like is a longer lead as its pretty short. In hindsight would I buy one again? Probably not but then with such an overwhelming number of positive reviews for it maybe I was just one of the unlucky ones.
Now let's get into the Pros & Cons of this external HDD.
- It's tough so you can rest assured that you data will be safe but not only that, it also has a nice sleek design with its lovely textured pattern on the top.
- USB 3.0 is light years ahead of USB 2.0, so as you can expect as long as you are using a USB 3.0 port you can transfer large data rapidly. But it's also compatible with USB 2.0 so don't worry about that.
- It's Plug 'N Play like I mentioned about - no need to be knowledgable about the technical stuff.
There is only one con that I can think of really... and to be honest I'm nit picking here. The USB cable could be longer, it's just a tad bit on the short side.
All in all, this ones a no-brainer, it's definitely worth a buy!
Anyway, I'm a mac user. That means all the software on the disk which it comes with can be erased and the whole thing should be formatted in Mac OS Extended if thats your thing.
First thing I noticed was the design is pretty cool, and its concave on the edge giving it a nice grip.
USB 3 so it is powered by the USB cable which is nice too!
After formatting I did a Black Magic Speed Test, then copied over 30GB of photos. The transfer rates are pretty good at 120MB/s (pics attached), but as I'm writing its dropped to 95 MB/s.
My advice to any HDD user is ALWAYS eject the drive through software, drives can fail if you dont. So dont just unplug that cord when you're done with it.
On the surface it's a pretty cool piece of kit and worth the money.
The HDD itself is a nice sleek design and very small. It does not need external power, just the supplied USB cable.