Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
+ FREE delivery
Samson Meteor USB Microphone - Chrome
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- One of the largest condenser diaphragms (25mm) of any usb mic available
- Cardioid pickup pattern, smooth frequency response and 16-bit, 44.1/48khz resolution give you professional audio results
- A stereo 1/8-inch headphone output for no latency monitoring and headphone volume knob give you complete control
- Meteor mic is compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstations.
- Legs adjust to the optimal position for any recording application from acoustic guitars to vocals or speech.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Meteor Mic is the universal solution for recording music on your computer. Perfect for your home studio, Meteor Mic is also ideal for Skype, iChat or voice recognition software. With Meteor Mic, you can make incredible recordings that are out of this world.
- Large, 25mm diaphragm USB studio condenser microphone
- Plugs directly into any computer with a USB input, no drivers required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- Works with iPad using Apple's Lightning USB Camera Adapter or Camera Connection Kit (30-pin)
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz20kHz
- Stereo 1/8" headphone jack for no latency monitoring
- Headphone volume control with microphone mute switch
- Fold-back leg design provides optimal mic positioning
- Durable chrome-plated body
- Includes USB cable and carry pouch
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase
1 x Meteor mic;1 x USB cable;1 x carry pouch
From the manufacturer
Samson Meteor Mic - smooth design, perfect results
Capturing rich audio recording for any application, Meteor Mic has one of the largest condenser diaphragms (25mm) of any USB mic. Its cardioid pickup pattern, smooth frequency response and 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution give you professional audio results no matter what you're recording.
- height: 15.88cm (6.25")
- width: 12.7cm (5")
- depth: 7.62cm (3")
- weight: 0,658kg (1.45lbs)
- Polar pattern: cardioid
- Compatible with most DAWs
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- foldable leg design
- Titanium black finish
- included: USB cable and carrying pouch
- Compatible with iPad (camera connection kit from Apple is required, not included)
- Stereo headphone jack: 1/8-inch (3,5mm)
Samson Technologies began in 1980 designing wireless microphone systems. They are an industry leader in both consumer and professional audio with three notable brands: Samson Audio, Samson Wireless and Hartke. Over 250 of their products are sold and distributed in over 140 countries around the world.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I used to have a blue yeti, but it's size was a problem with positioning and it's weight an issue with the mic stand
The Samson meteor is on par with the quality of the yeti, and gives a nice smooth tone without sounding harsh, but you will want to pick up a pop filter as it does have a tendency to accentuate those p'ahs
With a (fairly cheap) pop filter in place it does the job perfectly, and with regular live streaming (generally to about 5,000 viewers per hour) I've not had a single complaint after 20-30 hours of streaming and about 15-20 recorded videos.
The size and weight is obviously kinder to your mic stand or tripod but the self contained stand does a great job too.
Thankfully the screw socket is the standard size so it fits perfectly on the shock mount I purchased for the yeti but proved a much more controllable size for pushing away or pulling towards you.
I will say, I review for regional press, so my opinions are unbiased and honest, and no, I was not given the product or a discount, I purchased this full price and I'm very pleased I did.
Great product, very highly recommended.
All in all I'm very satisfied with what this microphone does.
The reason for four stars instead of five. Firmware, and support, or lack of it within the UK.
I experienced the red light syndrome associated with these microphones. This means, on a Mac, that the mic is only recognised as an Advanced USB Device and not as the Samson Meteor Microphone. Though the microphone still functioned as per usual on Skype for example, as I use dictation quite a bit this was a nightmare as I had to re-input the microphone as an input source, and it went from being an approved device, to an unknown device.
Trawling through Samson's own website I found nothing. I then went to Youtube and found very little until stumbling onto a video in Italian which featured a page on Samson's website I'd never seen before.
This only offers a Windows solution, so as I have a Mac I gave the microphone to a friend, who followed all the instructions, returning me with a Microphone with a blue light! The mic is now recognised by my system again, and it's all sorted.
Google 'Meteor Mic Fix for Windows' and choose the first result, if you want to fix the red light issue and return to blue heaven. For those with specific Windows 10 issues, you'll also find a link on the Samson page to another with instructions.
The first that'll jump to your eyes is how pleasant it is to look at it and use it. It feels like a premium product without the price tag. It's very sturdy and it won't slip through your desk. Very easily to transport due to the fact it's feet are fully foldable over its body.
I personally love the fact you can control the input volume using the physical wheel slider, which surrounds the on/off button (a very handy feature in it's own right).
It's been a rock solid addition to my setup for a long time and it blows regular built-in mics on headphones out of the water. I have it placed between my keyboard and monitor, about 70-80cm from my face and the speech sounds excellent and natural. I don't need to speak louder or alter my posture at all.
I've got it for so long and reliable that I forget it's even there.
Great product and a steal at this price point. Get yours here.
I recommend attaching it to a boom stand or similar, and then install VB-Cable and Voicemeeter Banana (totally free) and play around with the settings!
It's a little rough around the edges and picks up a bit too much background noise with default settings, but if you use the above software you can get an almost identical sound to Blue Yeti and save yourself £50-60! Besides i's much smaller and lighter.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews