- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Aeon Books Ltd; 2 edition (30 Mar. 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1904658075
- ISBN-13: 978-1904658078
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 1.2 x 21 cm
- Average Customer Review: 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 713,782 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Samadhi: The Superconsciousness of the Future and Ways to Its Achievement Paperback – 30 Mar 2004
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Mouni Sadhu is the name taken by Dymitr Sudowski, a noted Occultist and Mystic of the first half of the twentieth century. The word 'mouni' means 'silent' and 'sadhu' refers to a wandering holy man. Steeped in the Hermetic schools which abounded at the turn of the Nineteenth Century, then embracing the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi and Vichara - yet never forgetting his Catholic faith - Mouni Sadhu successfully advances our mental synthesis and leads us to the door of True Self. Mouni' s writing was based not only on rigorous study of the texts of his day, but on personal experience and diligent practice.
Top Customer Reviews
He treats the subject in a sententious and prudish fashion, which doesn't really ring true given the nature of Sadhu's private life. However, when he actually gets to the actual practical exercises - and this is most damning - this section of the book is mostly lifted straight out of "Concentration" without alteration.
Avoid this book - get "Concentration" by the same author instead: it is far more useful.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Disciplines & Techniques
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Meditation
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Eastern Mystical Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy