Sam & Max: Season 2 - Beyond Time & Space (Wii)
- Story-driven gameplay: Each of Season Two’s five episodes has a self-contained plot but is also part of a larger, season-wide mystery. Subplots weave in and out of the main storyline, similar to a TV sitcom
- Interface: Sam & Max Season Two has a simple “point and click” interface that is easy to navigate on both PC and Wii. The player moves Sam around the screen and interacts with the game world using the mouse or Wii remote
- Pick up and play: Sam & Max Season Two has been designed to appeal to both hardcore and casual gaming audiences. Even the most inexperienced gamer will be up to speed in minutes, thanks to an optional tutorial during which Sam and Max lead the player through a simple puzzle while explaining the interface and basic gameplay
- Innovative hint system: Sam & Max Season Two detects when a player is stuck based on how much time has passed since the last puzzle was solved. Max or another character then gives a hint. In this way, hints are fully integrated into the playing experience. Hint frequency is set by the player, and hints can be turned off completely by those who prefer not to use them.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Sam & Max have been kicking around pop culture for over twenty years, with independent comic books penned by Steve Purcell, a graphic adventure game (Sam & Max Hit the Road), an animated television series, and an Eisner-winning web comic. Sam & Max Season One is highly acclaimed as an innovative episodic game series that went on to win numerous awards in the U.S. and internationally, including several Adventure Game of the Year honours.
The Sam & Max series' refreshing humour is completely unique in today's gaming climate. With great stories, witty scripts akin to prime-time cartoons such as The Simpsons or Family Guy, and gameplay that makes you feel as if you're playing an episode of your favourite television show, it's no wonder Sam & Max has become known across gaming enthusiast and mainstream audiences alike as the world's first interactive sitcom. The well-liked characters have returned in Sam & Max Season Two, with five episodes widely recognized to be even better than the first.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
If you ever played Sam & Max Hit The Road on PC, you'll instantly feel at home. The graphics are vastly improved but the game-play is satisfyingly similar. The Wii is the perfect platform for point & click adventuring.
The dialogue and voice-acting is superb. The storyline is funny, which I love - a sense of humour has been sadly lacking from a lot of games in this genre over recent years. The scenery and characters are a treat for the eyes - beautifully done and imaginative. The puzzles are challenging but not so tough you're left wandering lost for days wondering what to do next. The variable Hint levels are a great idea and work well.
You don't need to have played any other Sam & Max games to enjoy this one. If you haven't played Point & Click adventures before, just don't expect a fast-paced action game. In this genre its all about working your way through a story by talking to characters, collecting items to use and solving puzzles.
The only downside is that its sometimes a little laggy but after half an hour you'll be so absorbed in the fun of it, you'll stop noticing. I wish they'd make more games like this for the Wii.