on 1 February 2015
I like these so much that it is the second set I have bought. Not only that but I have bought a pair for my sister as well.

Positives:
Sleek design.
Small footprint on the kitchen side.
Decent sensitivity for small amounts (useful for measuring 1-2g of spices and herbs)
Allows for large weights.

Negatives:
Slightly small window, can be obscured by larger bowls.
The silver is scratched easily. It would be nicer if they were slightly more resistant to scratches, or a more Matt silver so it isn't so apparent.
The original unit died when it was fairly flooded with milk (making pancakes with my daughter!) so not entirely waterproof, as you may expect. Most definitely splash proof though.

All in all, a very useful set of scales that represent good value for money.
on 24 September 2012
These scales have been about for a long time and have a proven reliability which is probably why the manufacturers are confident enough to give a 15 year guarantee. I can't remember how old the one I am replacing is but the only reason I am replacing it is that I have lost some of the little sticky feet and it no longer stands level so gives inaccurate measurements. The feet coming of are probably my fault as I keep it on top of a microwave oven which gets quite hot sometimes and has probably melted the glue.
The scales are easy to use just turn on zero if necessary and stand what you want to weigh on the top. It has the advantage that you can stand any bowl on it zero the scales and just weigh the ingredients, if you want to add another ingredient just zero and add the next ingredient. Just remember to add ingredients within 3 minutes or the scales turn off, embarrassing if you need to look in a cupboard to find an ingredient.
The scales weigh in Grams, Pounds & Ounces, Fluid Ounces and Millilitres (However when trying to measure liquids they need to be water based as oil based liquids do not give an accurate measurement. These scales will weigh up to 11lbs or 5000grms.
on 1 August 2017
Easy to use, accurate weighing. I've make a Victoria Sponge using the weigh 3 eggs method, and the results were perfect. It's easy to add ingredients to a bowl and then clear to add the next lot, which cuts down on washing up and is a time saver. It's compact, so stores away really conveniently. Display is fine to read - if I could change anything, I'd have liked it to be a little bigger.
on 15 September 2017
Great little pair of scales that fit easily into storage cupboard and you can use any other container to weigh what you need by zeroing the empty container on the scale and then adding whatever you need to weigh so you know exactly the weight of ingrediaents etc.
on 28 June 2017
Have been using it daily since I bought it. Really good and never let me down. Have had others but had to replace the battery at least once a week. Recommended.
on 18 July 2017
Prime day purchase. Superb quaity, 15 year guarantee, £9.00 - fab
on 6 September 2017
Works perfectly fine. Looks really elegant and sophisticated for stainless steel fans ! I bought it for a science in cooking course
Batterie sincluded.
Light, small. Will recommand and buy again
on 28 February 2016
I bought two of these back in 2011, the second one was for my son. I have had years of excellent use from mine and I am about to purchase another for my daughter in Spain. Cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 1 September 2017
We bought one of these 7 years old, and it had been working well. But lately it does not function as promptly as before: indicating UNSAFE most of the time, and weight reading increases on its own when nothing extra has been placed on top. We have replaced batteries of course.

Well, it has been 7 years. Thinking of getting another one, or can we get a free replacement since it is guaranteed for 15 years?
on 30 May 2017
An excellent sat of scales which are easy to use, with a clear readout. This was our second set, and both are working perfectly