Customer reviews

Salomon Men's XA PRO 3D Trail Running Shoes Size: 10.5 UK
Size: 10.5 UK|Colour: Red/Black/Grey|Change
Price:£67.23 - £1,052.69

on 20 December 2014
This is the 5th pair of Salomon XA Pro 3D's i have had, and i will continue to buy them until they stop making them. It fits incredibly well, is snug but not too tight and the quick lace system makes it easy to lace up when you're off the paved path. I wear them as an every day shoe, and as such do get through them quickly, with a pair lasting me a year and half on average (i do give them some abuse though) but i often retire them to gardening or painting duty, so realistically i get another year or two out of them after that.
This new generation has moved to an elasticated tongue material, which at first felt weird but now im used to it i prefer it, as it cuts down on tongue volume and increases breathability.
on 25 November 2015
Love these trainers ...feel so good on!
on 24 July 2016
Awesome for trails and great for slightly wider feet
on 14 August 2015
Brilliant
on 24 August 2014
I got the size 9 and they initially felt quite snug around the midsole. Length is good and there's room at the toes but I seriously considered returning for the 9.5. But I stuck with them and I'm very glad I did. When you put on thicker socks the shoes upper mesh simply accommodates them, so I figured the snug midsole was part of the sensifit system. There's no doubt the support is very good. Grip is generally good, although it struggles on the wet chalk paths we have here. You'd need spikes to avoid slipping on that. Hang they're also comfortable on road, so an excellent all-around shoe. I use the shoes mainly for fast trail walking with occasional running. They are ideal for this purpose. One thing worth noting is that the removable Ortholite insoles are open cell foam so absorb all the water getting in like a squelching sponge, which is both annoyingly noisy and heavy. I've now substituted them for my old closed cell insoles and these work fine.
on 20 October 2014
My principle has always been not to buy something until you've first tried it on, especially shoes.
The first time I ever bought a pair of shoes (Asics) online was 7 years ago. To my surprise they fit perfectly.
Now, 7 years later, I decided to try again. This is the second pair of shoes I've ever bought online and, yes, to my delight, they fit fabulously.
Re: the 'lace up' gizmo, I was a bit sceptical before purchasing but now that I've been using them it seems just grand.
on 10 February 2015
Bought these for off-road running, as i've had a pair of Salomon walking shoes for approx 10 years without much wear.
They fit perfectly, very comfortable.... As with Salomon footwear they have that look and feel of quality.
Just need to give them a stern off road test next.
on 24 April 2015
These are good trainers. Comfortable, flashy, good fit. It was a bit a surprise when they turned up and I discovered they were not traditional laces - rather thin twine with a plastic tightening, but it is really effective as a "doing up" thing. Overall, very pleased.
on 5 February 2015
I had a pair of these previously but these don't seem to fit as well. Unfortunately I can't return them as I have worn them. If the fit was better I would be happier . The also don't control as well as previously. Grip has not been great on muddy hills either.

# UPDATE now down to 2 stars.
I have now noticed that one hole has emerged in the side near the toe on one shoe and another is emerging in the same place on the other.
The hole lets in small stones and has caused blisters and holes to socks. This is not normal wear and tear after lass than 200 miles/ 5 months use. I attempting to return them.
on 1 April 2016
First pair of trail runners and wasn't quite sure what I required from them. First thing is they are very tight fitting around the forefoot and toes, although the reviews had advise a half size larger than road running shoes, I still found them cramped. I find them uncomfortable running up & particularly down hill sections and have had some very bad blisters on inside and outside of my feet, hence I was unable to wear them for 2-3 weeks to allow some healing. I have since put them back on and after 9-10km of some discomfort at previous blisters and elsewhere, they begin to cause me considerable discomfort and open up the same blisters again.
I probably should have returned them, but due to timing of some trail races I had entered I endured them, however I wouldn't recommend them for future purchases