Customer reviews

on 2 April 2010
I have fished for salmon since I was 10. This book is a marvellous template on which to base your strategy for catching salmon is almost any water and weather condition. I lent my copy to an elderly relative of my wife's who died unexpectedly. I have not had the heart to ask it back from his widow. I am surprised that it is not in print. It is well written and has excellent photographs. Francis Grant seems like the chap I could happily spend a day fishing with, followed by a dram or two in the pub. I need to find any other copy!!
on 7 April 2016
Great book by a man who was highly successful and unique in his way of thinking
on 15 January 2017
Probably the most comprehensive guide to catching salmon written. The effectivness of his methods can be seen in his catch records at the Potarch Inn, Deeside. A one man trawler, out of step with todays catch and release but what would he have achieved with modern tackle?
on 16 October 2014
This book was lauded up to the Heavens in trout and salmon as cololectable,frankly i was disappointed,but in fairness the expectation was high.Sadly with salmon now being so rare I am thinking of giving it up but did enjoy the catches he mae during better times