on 17 November 2011
I have been using the Saltair salt inhaler for nearly 1 month. I am already noticing a difference. In the past, whenever I have had a cold it has gone straight to my chest, causing me problems at night, having to sleep in a chair to stop coughing. Since using the inhaler my head seems to be clearer. I developed a very heavy cold about 3 weeks ago and although I have been coughing it hasn't been a chesty cough that I have always suffered with. I feel that the inhaler is making a difference and will continue using it.
I'm not young, 72 years old, and have always suffered with my chest since I was a teenager. I have had x-rays and various tests but nothing has ever helped. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that the Saltair inhaler will be the solution I have been looking for.
It is very easy to use, just breath in through the pipe and out through the nose for about twenty minutes a day. I normally use the inhaler while I am reading a newspaper or a book.
0Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 February 2017
I thought it would be good to have a review focused on the first use. So here you go. Don't think you have to breathe in really hard, you will get a mouthful of salt! The breathing technique (in through the mouth, out through the nose) needed for this needs concentration until you get used to it, but then it is the opposite of what you're taught for other breathing techniques, so it will take getting used to. However, just having used this for about 20 minutes, my sinuses are already feeling clearer! I have allergies & my sinuses have been stuffy for goodness knows how long! So this feeling of clear sinuses I have now is amazing! Just having clear sinuses from this first treatment leaves me confident it will help my chest issues too (I have asthma & permanent damage from pneumonia). I would be happy to recommend this to loved ones.
on 11 December 2011
Bought this for my mum who has breathing problems. It isnt a cure but it is slowly but surely giving her a bit of respite. Well worth the money.
on 21 October 2017
Purchased for my husband as he suffers with alot of chest infections following on from a hospital stay with severe pneumonia a couple of years ago, he can't always get to go to the salt caves for healiing so this is perfect for him to continue his self healing with salt therapy - the only downside of this product is it's very time consuming - so my advice is plan a time to use it when your going to be sitting for a long period of time ie watching a film in the evening/ reading in bed etc
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 July 2015
This is amazing, who would think salt could help the way it does. At first I thought it wasn't going to work but after a couple of days I found it started to loosen my chest and nasel passages.it did make me feel a little nausea but that was me trying to hard. Just gently in by mouth and out through the nose and it works. It's 2 and a half years since I stopped smoking and this is the first time I can truly say I feel fine.
on 9 January 2017
Received the next day (Sunday). Well packaged and as described. This is a replacement for my previous one which I dropped and it was damaged. I use this to supplement my inhalers as I have asthma and it helps to clear out the 'tubes'. Well worth the money.
on 19 December 2016
I bought this for my asthmatic husband and it has really helped. He is recovering following asthma attack and this seems to cleanse the old tubes and helps to release phlegm. Very pleasantly surprised as didn't know what to expect. A very natural way to heal.
on 16 November 2016
My 13 year old daughter struggles with sport induced asthma especially on cold mornings. This has really made a difference. Would recommend.
on 29 March 2014
Got this for my husband after his triple bypass in November, and then fluid detected on his lung. This, mixed with the coughing side effects of Ramipril and Statins, made breathing painful at times. The salt inhaler has really helped his breathing and exercise levels - although being allowed to stop Ramipril also helped! We're substituting the statins for plant sterols and his aching back and legs also cleared immediately.
on 11 December 2016
We received the inhaler very quickly and it has been used with NHS inhalers.
which were prescribed for emphysema.We found the salt therepy helped in
clearing the lungs,so far,so good.