Saitek Cyborg F.L.Y.9 Wireless Flight Stick (Xbox 360)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Customise your flight experience and tweak until you get the perfect fit
- Integrated adjustment tool to alter Handle Length and Rake Angle, Head Angle and Button Position
- When your stick fits your hand perfectly, the adjustment tool locks in the base for future use!
- Throttle and twist rudder controls for complete maneuverability
- Unique base design features including removable feet
- Fly from the comfort of your desk or in front of the TV thanks to integrated lap mount
- Wireless connection syncs quickly and easily with your console
- Providing a rock solid connection during flight
- Play without worrying about being disconnected during a critical combat maneuver
- Superior control for your flight games - Nothing beats a stick when engaging in air combat!
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Saitek Cyborg 9 Wireless Flight Stick for Xbox 360
Rule the skies with the all-new F.L.Y. 9 Wireless Flight Stick. Appearing for the first time for Xbox 360®, the F.L.Y. 9 follows in the footsteps of the Cyborg line of PC flight sticks offering gamers a stunningly realistic control method for flight sim or flight combat software.
* Customize your flight experience and tweak until you get the perfect fit. The F.L.Y 9 ships with an integrated adjustment tool allowing you to alter the following:
Handle Rake Angle
* When your stick fits your hand perfectly, the adjustment tool locks in the base for future use!
* Throttle and twist rudder controls for complete maneuverability
* Unique base design features removable feet, allowing you to fly from the comfort of your desk or in front of the TV thanks to integrated lap mount.
* Wireless connection syncs quickly and easily with your console providing a rock solid connection during flight – play from the comfort of your sofa without worrying about being disconnected during a critical combat maneuver.
* Superior control for your flight games - Nothing beats a stick when engaging in air combat! Grab the F.L.Y. and harness the accuracy that your gamepad using competitors can only dream of!
Fully compatible with the latest Xbox 360 flight games:
* IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey
* Heroes Over Europe
* Tom Clancy: H.A.W.X.
* Ace Combat 6
* Blazing Angels 1&2
* future flight sim or flight action games
Grab the F.L.Y. and harness the accuracy that your gamepad using competitors can only dream of!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Great looking with a solid and well-built feel, the ergonomics are spot on with controls and buttons nicely placed. Most aspects of the stick are adjustable with allen key stored in base. Pretty responsive with what i'd describe as an average deadzone. Nice tactile rubberised coating. A little stiff at first but loosens up quickly. Exceptionally good idea to put a (detachable) leg rest on the base considering this is a console stick - it works well and makes for a stable base without any need for a table.
Next, the issue (i had):
Unfortunately the stick was broken when received. Rudder control was not working and upon launching my chopper (Apache: Air Assault, great game) was sent into an immediate left-hand spin! Nothing to do with it having been used or abused as it was new but, it would appear, a manufacturing fault. Upon asking the interweb "What's wrong with my Fly 9?" i quickly found the thing has a pretty common fault from new; one (or more) of the wires attached to the potentiometer on the base can break. Found a forum thread with at least half-a-dozen posters all with the same problem!
A simple fix if you have a soldering iron and know how to wield it but a shame none the less with a peripheral of this price. Not the easiest of tasks to complete as there are a million screws to undo to get into the base and (protective) plastic blobs melted over the pot's terminals to remove once in there. I'm confident now however that the problems fixed, the connections are now far stronger than before and that i shouldn't have to repeat the process.
Some may think it strange that i still give the Fly 9 4 stars but the quality is generally top notch and i fully expect to get many years of service out of it.....now it's fixed.
P.S. Best to ring Saitek first before attempting repairs as otherwise your warranty will be void.
So there is a design fault ! Just before Xmas and with all the snow and Xmas post I knew I had no chance of getting
one for the festive break so I took the plunge and opened it up!
Like the first reviewer said one of the wires becomes chaffed completely through and causes it to just roll to the
left constantly, so a quick re-route of the wire and some solder and heat shrink did the job.
But beware it is fiddly and I guess my warranty is pants now!!
But hey ho I was on it all Xmas and no problems since .
I also notice the prise has increased by £50.00 which is strange considering they develop faults.
But I must say it is a great stick once repaired!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Only around £25.00 from Game, but very few games it won't work with.....over g fighters, ace combat assault horizons, are the only I've found up to now...Published on 7 Mar. 2014 by Tim Hoggarth
My item has just arrived today, I have opened Amazon's packaging only to find that the product packaging clearly had been opened, the product removed and then badly re-boxed. Read morePublished on 10 Oct. 2012 by SH73
Bought this second hand on Amazon, received it in a couple of days and it has transformed my flight sim games on the XBox. Read morePublished on 10 July 2012 by Amazon Customer