Saint Etienne Present Songs For The Dog And Duck CD
|Price:||£11.07 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* New compilation curated by Saint Etienne, the British group led by songwriters Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs and fronted by vocalist Sarah Cracknell.
* This compilation, the second in a series (the first was "Songs for Mario's Café" released back in 2004) is one of the most eclectic compilations to appear on Ace in recent years.
* The compilation is a tribute to the Soho pubs that have proved fertile ground for musicians, publishers and general pop-obsessed layabouts. The Dog & Duck specifically was the pub of choice for the Heavenly label, an annexe of the office on Frith Street. When they moved out of Soho this spring they left Soho with a single record company HQ.
* So, this is is a soundtrack for a session in the Dog & Duck (or the Blue Posts, or the Ship), a jukebox selection to reflect the characters and conversations taking place a stones throw from Denmark Street, the 2 I's, and the 100 Club; totemic locations in British pop history.
Top Customer Reviews
It is a little bit lighter on the soundtrack, sunshine pop and soul that manifested itself on 'the Trip' but still includes some superb tracks. What can I say; even Bill Oddie (yes, that's right, Bill Oddie) sounds great, so dive in!
This CD has quite a few corkers on it which are worth further investigation.
If you liked Saint Etienne `The Trip' you'll love this...