on 7 August 2010
I am glad I found this book!!The language, descriptions are very clear, concise and afer initial reading I easily recognised patterns of some unsafe or truly toxic people around me.The book helped me to recognised some of these patterns in myself ,and what to do in order to get rid of them and lead more healthy, assertive life .Very helpful, insightful , positive book.!I bought additionally some books on codependency as it complements this book perfectly, Many of toxic or unsafe people come from unloving,destructive families ,and are themselves the victims of toxic parenting like myself. This book is full a good advice, solutions. It simply is A LITTLE GEM!!!It gave me a lot of confidence I lacked when dealing with toxic people.But most importantly I got finally rid of an awful feeling of guilt eating my heart away each time I tried to limit or avoid toxic people.
As a Christian , I know now that it is ok to avoid , limit or cut off completely some unhealthy people fom my life and still be ok with it.
I highly recommend this book. : )
9 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2014
For those who has never met the safe people, so naturally would not be able to recognise them if they would stand next to them, it will be a good guidance of what safe people really are. How they behave, how they think and how happy they can make you feel.

They make you feel happy, because with safe people it is OK to make mistakes, to admit to them and to learn how to fix them - they help you, and not reject you, if this makes sense.

This book grew my awareness and provided a motivation to became a safe person as well.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 June 2016
We are all invloved in a relationship of some kind. This book helps to idenify which ones are worth keeping and which ones are not. Read it with he view of how you, the reader, can be a safe person as like does attract like. Gives a deep insight into why some people are not ideal to have around and why some are.
on 6 September 2015
A good book that everyone should read it if they want to follow a stable path to finding love, which alot of us don't and make the same mistakes, rather like a rat caught in a spinning wheel. I would recommend this to all if they want better quality love, but the question is whether there are any decent stable people out there worthy of the person who has read this book! Happy reading.
on 1 July 2017
Excellent book to read, will separate the chaff from the wheat in your life. Will strengthen you and teach you how to say no to people that are not good for you and may help you attract the right safe people into your life. You have to do the work though.
on 5 June 2015
This book genuinely turned my life around. I was caught in such a rutt of continuous drama's I was at my wits end. This book was recommended to me so I read it which resulted in me making dramatic changes to my life. It was the best thing I could have done and I couldn't be happier now, i have a wonderful relationship with a loving husband. I still recommend this book to anyone in need and i will continue to do so for the rest of my life.
on 23 March 2018
An excellent read in a time like this in my life. It gave me a new perspective to life and friendships
on 15 April 2017
I found the book's usage of real life examples useful in understanding my own application of principles being taught. I would recommend to all my friends and family. I would also recommend it to my church family.
on 4 November 2016
Interesting.
on 8 August 2015
GOOD
|0Comment|Report abuse