Have one to sell?
Sacred Places: The Biblical Theology of Place, Exploring Its Central Importance in God’s Creation and Mission Paperback – 16 Mar 2017
Note: This item is eligible for click and collect. Details
Pick up your parcel at a time and place that suits you.
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
The book is divided into seven major sections. Each will look at place from a slightly different perspective, but all will be informed by the overarching Christian worldview and metanarrative of God's creation, the fall of man, and the redemption of God's creation as revealed in the Bible. The sections are as follows:
- Philosophy: exploring the concept of place itself and its philosophical implications within the human experience.
- Theology: exploring place as a subject of theology with a particular focus on the definition of a sacred place.
- Scripture: exploring the Biblical Theology of Place as a major theme throughout Scripture.
- Narrative: this section will seek to harmonize the Theology of Place alongside the other overarching themes of the Bible like God as King.
- History: two routes of exploration are embarked on here. The first is the history of the land of Israel and the Jewish people. The second is the history of the Church. Both are reviewed through the lens of place.
- Application: exploring the various ways that the biblical theme and understanding of place can impact our lives and help us to be good place makers and dwellers in God's creation.
- Study: this is a supplementary section containing appendixes, suggested resources for further study, and a bibliography.
From the Inside Flap
"An expository journey through place, from the Garden of Eden to the New Jerusalem. Discovering the pattern of placement, displacement, and re-placement in life and faith"See all Product description
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
6 May 2017
Format: Kindle Edition
An excellent rendition of what exactly place means for us all covering both aspects of history and our current world situations over place! I was so intrigued by the thesis of 'Place' in this book I could not put it down! A must read for theologians and non-theologians alike.