Customer reviews

on 27 December 2003
Hmmm..what can i say? my kinda album,packed full of raw-ness,noise,even some pop in there somewhere to,this album reminds me of the early day's of the 'new scence' which was to become 'GRUNGE'.A more pop-ier band i thought than say green river,but that was kool also,still alot for all 'grunge/noise' fans on this album,Halfway through the album you find yourself thinking..these fuzz pedals are amazing,and i havent heard anyone play a fuzz pedal like this before,its almost like the pedal shouldnt be played that way,but they do it anyway,and a great album it is to,stands up there with the best album of the 90s for me.
on 10 June 2002
I bought this on the first vinyl release (before most people had CD players!) which included 'Touch me..'. What can I say? I think a young Nirvana were on subpop at the time and, their subsequent success withstanding, Mudhoney were far better.. I still listen to it 14 years later and as soon as the first few chords of 'Touch me..' come out of the speakers, my head starts nodding! A brilliant pre 'grunge' piece of Seattle rock. Well worth buying.
on 14 February 2005
Bleach is good, but for a real feeling of the drunken chaos of the time, go for the original and best. Superfuzz Bigmuff is named after Mudhoney's favourite effects pedals, and it goes to show how treasured their fuzz-makers were - they're used constantly throughout the whole album to give it that certain spark that only Mudhoney could give a record. Hell, the only poor tracks are If I Think and Need, and they don't even put a dent in the score as the others are all classic grunge tracks. Better than Bleach, though surpassed by Nirvana's later works, this is still the best thoroughbred grunge album you can buy.
on 25 June 2014
Love the EP Superfuzz Bigmuff anyway but really like the fact that this has singles on it as well, I already have the EP on vinyl so really only bought this for the extras & glad I did.
on 26 March 2010
didn't really do anthing for me, think i was expecting another early nirvana and ultimately and inevitably disappointed.