on 4 May 2017
Checking the morning after the first scattering, I was delighted to find no cat poo. Hurrah! However, today (day 2), there was a fresh offering in the garden. I am quite disappointed by this as it seems that I will need to reapply the granules daily which will end up being rather costly.
on 30 September 2015
Ordered this in July on an Amazon flash deal for £13. When I eventually got around to trying it (in early Sept) - it failed to work propery. There are no adjustments available in this device, so you have to assume it "just works". On startup it emiits a whistle to indicate it has started up. This one then sits clicking away every 5-7 seconds and every couple of minutes re-emits the whistle. This is to an entirely empty garden with no one or no thing in it. Even face down on a table (ie no chance of anything IR triggering it), it still clicks incessantly.
The cats come into the garden - look at it and mess right in front of it! Almost as if it attracts them!
Out of return window, so can't return it. Waste of money.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2015
Not sure if this works. We have a different brand in the back garden and get no cats there... We have this in the front garden and a cat sleeps right next to it. You can hear this one clicking away when anything moves in the garden but you can't hear the one in the back garden so they must be on different frequencies and I think the other one must be a better deterrent. Perhaps certain cats are offended by certain frequencies and this one just doesn't bother the cats around here. Not sure but I don't think I'd buy another of this brand, sorry.
on 30 July 2016
Fantastic deterent, this really does work
on 3 November 2017
Despite other purchasers favourable reviews, my experience is that this product has no effect at deterring cats at all. I have seen my neighbours cats walk through the beam with impunity. It does not seem to put them off from coming into my garden to kill wildlife, use my borders as a toilet, walk over my car and harass my hens.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2016
Waste of time........... Battery life was poor and it did not stop cats crapping in our yard.
on 2 July 2015
Put over flower borders to keep next door's problem cat away. Worked so well he didn't mess on the borders, but he did leave a massive dump in the middle of the lawn instead!!! Gotta take the rough with the smooth I guess.
I've now stopped using this in favor of one of the ultra-sonic devices which seems to be working well enough and keeps the cat away from the lawns too...
on 7 June 2017
Kept buying this type in the hope the one I bought the previous time was faulty, but nope - only lasts a few months before it stops working, despite only using Duracell high performance batteries. Switched to the MegaSonic Cat Repeller, but found they were equally as bad.
on 26 July 2016
Another rubbish waste of money, items are clicking/whistling away to themselves randomly with no cats in sight... Same old neighbours cat poo deposits stinking our garden out...
We live quite close to a restaurant, not nice for the visitors to our village!
on 26 June 2014
Seems pretty good. Haven't seen any evidence of next doors cat around my bush since putting it down. Smells really strong! of garlic. Make sure you wear good gloves. I wore light polythene ones and could still smell garlic on my hands.