• Customer reviews

on 9 January 2018
These insoles are well designed and appear to be long lasting. The size is accurate which means that they are ready to pop inside a pair of shoes without having to trim them down. However, if trimming was necessary, this would be a simple task.

The insoles are very supportive and comfortable. They do not move about, but stay exactly as they are placed in the footwear. As these are thicker than previous insoles that I have bought, they are more suitable to wear inside footwear which are spacious or deep set such as trainers and boots.

These insoles have proven to be very effective and good value for money and I recommend them.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
9 people found this helpful
on 4 September 2016
I've previously had a pair of these Cush N Step insoles which lasted about two years. This pair have not lasted two months. I haven't given them a hard life- used them approximately twice a week in hiking boots. They've split on the top surface of the heel which traps any dirt or dust that gets into my boots and also nips my heels at times.

The foam used to make this latest pair is definitely softer than the previous version which makes them difficult to slide into my boots without rucking up at the front, it can take ages to get them in properly and I wouldn't leave them in as I like to let my boots air after use and also after cleaning them.

So I've asked for a refund. Be interesting to see what happens there. I wouldn't consider buying these insoles again unless I was sure the foam was as firm as my first pair.
review image
7 people found this helpful
on 7 April 2013
I was starting to feel the heel strike when walking in my favourite boots, even as they’d become perfectly supple for extended wear. Fortunately once I’d slipped these insoles in, they became as cushioned as the day I first wore them. Result.

The insoles have remained in position without slipping and only added a little thickness to the existing insole - if the footwear you are intending to use them in are already very snug you may need thiner insoles than these. My boots had a little room so the addition of this product has made the fit perfect.

Would recommend and would buy again.
27 people found this helpful
on 1 December 2017
I have bought 3 pairs of these in recent months to wear with various types of shoe. In particular, with a pair of safety boots, used for gardening etc. They used to become very uncomfortable very quickly, but with a pair of these insoles, I can wear them for several hours at a time. Most shoes have thin soles these days and I feel the unevenness of pavements. After replacing the inner soles of a pair of shoes with Sorbothane insoles, I no longer notice the unevenness.
5 people found this helpful
on 12 January 2018
Just the right thickness and sponginess to make an ordinary pair of low pull-on shoes way more comfortable. I started with the Sorbothane "Double Strike" soles, but these were so thick and bouncy that my foot slipped sideways off them and I nearly twisted my ankle (the Double Strikes have been moved into heavy walking boots where they work fine). These insoles have taken away a nagging ankle pain and restored my pleasure in everyday walking.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 December 2017
Unfortunately (for me), the dog decided that chewing my insoles for my work shoes was a good idea one afternoon and by the time I'd realised, they were completely unrecognisable and required an immediate replacement. After looking online, these seemed like a nice, cheaper alternative to the sort of things I was on the lookout for.

When they arrived, it was time to do the one thing I was dreading upon arrival: cutting them to size. Unfortunately, these insoles don't actually come with a template for you to cut the insoles down to the perfect size. As a result, you need to be careful with just how much you need to take off with every cut, otherwise you might be regretting it as I very nearly did. At the time I hadn't realised how useful a template would have been, but by the end of it, it definitely seemed to have been a warranted inclusion, but you can honestly live without it if you're just especially careful while cutting them to size.

Other than the lack of template, the insoles themselves fit rather well in my work shoes and are actually quite well padded that make being on my feet for the majority of the shift considerably easier than it was before. As in terms of any worries that other people seemed to have experienced, I found no issues with them being too thick for the shoes and haven't found a single issue whilst wearing them.

Overall, I really like the product as a whole; I just think it's a shame there's no template to work from which would have made things a tad easier in the long run. At first I was going to give the product 4 stars because of the lack of template, but as I went on to write this, I felt my complaints weren't enough to warrant that lack of star because as a whole, the products was certainly worth the money that I paid for it.
on 26 February 2018
Really supportive insoles. Superior to those supplied in many running/training shoes. Also very supportive inside ordinary shoes.
The thickness of these grey ones does in my opinion, and having tried others from this manufacturer, provide a much more reassuring absorbtion of gravitational forces through the knees, ankles and feet. These are very easy to trim to size and have lasted a lot longer than the other versions of Sorbothane that I have tried. The good thickness of these also makes ordinary shoes warmer in cold weather !
Also these insoles are easy to wash so as to freshen them after continual daily use.
on 8 September 2017
It can be tempting to get the thickest insoles you can find, however, for walking boot this can be a mistake as they can alter the hight of your feet in the boots.

These insoles are perfect I have them in my boots, the manufacturers were surprisingly poor. They do not lift your feet too high within the boot they are comfortable and the do not move while you walk no sweaty feet. Very happy with the purchase and would recommend them.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 November 2015
I had some really crap boots that were slightly too big (I'm a perfect size 5) and that eventually had metal studs grinding against my heels and causing blisters from where the insides had worn away. They were awful.

These insoles are very cushioned at the heels and covered those rogue metal studs well enough that you couldn't feel them at all. Also my feet stopped sliding around in the oversized 'size 5' shoes as well. These insoles completely fixed all of my fit problems. I've pulled them out of the boots I'm now binning, and the rubber-foam has still kept its shape, so I'll keep them for another crap pair of shoes I have lying around.

These are long lasting and totally worth it. Buy them. Now.

If only they could waterproof fake leather boots too!
on 30 May 2017
They are true to size and very supportive and were a very good replacement for my Hitek walking boots inslole.
The only downside is that the top is made of a cheap nylon material which, if there is any slight movement of the foot, causes blisters.
I'm not confident that this top lining will last very long.

If they could replace the top lining with another material or even no material it would be a 5 star product.
As it is it's just 3 stars from me.