- Visit the Wireless Speaker Centre at Amazon.co.uk to find the right wireless speaker for you. Browse our Buying Guide and Review Hub, to learn more, or shop our range of best selling models, by use and technology.
- Also check our best rated Home Cinema System reviews
- Also check our best rated Bookshelf Speaker reviews
SONOS PLAY:1 Smart Wireless Speaker, White
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound, designed to be compact and surprisingly powerful
- Stream your entire music library, popular music services, and internet radio
- Start with one, add more over time to fill your home with music
- Simple to set-up and control from anywhere with your smartphone, tablet or PC/Mac
- 2-Year warranty included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Colour: White | Style: PLAY:1 Speaker
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Say hello to the newest member of the Sonos wireless HiFi System. New compact size, same epic HiFi sound. No other wireless speaker packs so much HiFi sound in to such a compact deisgn. Spiraling highs, thundering lows, and deep, crystal clear sound at any volume. Stream all the music on Earth to any room.
1 SONOS PLAY:1 in White
Black Power Cord
Flat Ethernet Cable
From the Manufacturer
PLAY:1 | Wireless HiFi speaker for multiroom music streaming.
Mini but mighty
No other wireless speaker packs so much HiFi sound into such a compact design. PLAY:1’s sleek, versatile design easily fits anywhere your home needs music, for surprisingly big sound no matter how tight the spot.
Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound.
PLAY:1’s custom-tuned drivers and software deliver rich, powerful sound, with crystal clear highs and deep, rolling lows for pitch-perfect HiFi music. Stream all the music on earth to any room.
- Compact size
- Two custom designed speakers with dedicated D-class amplifiers
- Quick access to music, volume and play/pause with dedicated buttons
- Rock solid wireless connectivity
True to the music.
Trueplay fine-tunes your sonos speaker for a spot-on playback of what the artist recorded. as flawlessly perfect or beautifully imperfect as they played it. with nothing tweaked. and nothing lost.
*For your Sonos PLAY:1, PLAY:3 and PLAY:5. Works with iPhone and iPad only.
About the Sonos Smart Speaker System
The Smart Speaker System
Sonos speakers combine built-in sensors and smart software to make your listening experience easy. Every speaker is simple to set up, no technical skills needed. Regular software updates with new features and services ensure your speakers just keep getting smarter, for as long as you own them.
One App Does It All
The free Sonos app gathers all your favorite music and streaming services in one place. Use your smartphone or tablet to quickly find the songs you love on your streaming services or in your own digital library, then choose the rooms where you want to listen and control all the playback settings room by room.
All Your Music, In Any Room
Play different songs in different rooms, at the same time. Or one great tune all over the house. With Sonos, everyone enjoys the music they love most, in any room they wish.
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
* Set up was from my experience a piece of cake. Really easy. Unbox, plug in and download app. I downloaded the app to an ipad mini. Then follow the instructions, update and you are away. Took 10 mins tops. Really easy
* NO LONGER REQUIRES A SONOS BRIDGE. This unit no longer requires a bridge. I have a very old Sky D-link router and 13mb connection, about .93 upload. I have no problem connecting. I even tried the unit upstairs and in the back bedroom of my house. (the router being in the opposite corner of the house). Tested it for only 10 minutes mind, but it performed flawlessly playing internet radio.
* The sound from such a small speaker is excellent. I have owned many systems in the past from bose and Marantz, using mission mx1 and mx3 speakers, and given this units size, the quality of the sound is very good and does not distort when increased to max.
* The unit comes well packaged, is heavy, looks nice and has a very good quality feel to it.
* The ipad is used to control only, and once I instructed the unit to play a radio station i could then switch the ipad off.
* The Sonos software found all my tracks stored on the ipad and played quickly when skipping through tracks.
* The power cable is nice and long allowing easy positioning of the unit.
* The sonos is a very flexible and nice piece of kit and will be looking to expand to other rooms in the house. In my opinion well worth the price
* I looked at internet radios first prior to this unit. They varying in price however some are very expensive. I have a Pure evo flow internet radio, the sound is terrible.Read more ›
The PLAY 1 is in the same class as the BOSE Soundtouch 10. I can say that they both have a very good performance for that size of speaker. But the overall winner is absolutely SONOS Play ONE. It is crispier as you can adjust the highs and lows. The most dramatical advantage of SONOS is the controller app.
The setup of the SONOS speaker is smooth. The controller app is way ahead working smooth again and give great options like library sorting and alarm function which BOSE can’t deliver for years.
Definitely I will change all my BOSE speakers with SONOS
Apart from the undeniable build quality (as well as handsome appearance) of the Sonos components, the other major attraction lies in the versatility of the system. One can commence at a relatively low outlay with just a single Play:1 speaker and build the system from there into a stereo, surround sound or multi room options whilst all the time having control at ones fingertips via the controlling app on ones iphone or tablet to access either your personal library of mp3's on your network or alternatively to stream Internet radio or a whole variety of subscription music services (e.g. Deezer)
I've only started so far with my single speaker and a bridge (not essential as any speaker plugged into a network is capable of functioning as a router) but so impressed am I already that I'm already looking forward to the future possibilities of paired speakers and multi room options.
Update (08/01/15): I have been using the system now for over two weeks and like others on here I grow more impressed by the day. Indeed I am listening to more music than I've done in years and rediscovering gems I'd forgotten.Read more ›
If they just put a line in socket and let you connect to it via Bluetooth then it would be perfect. As it is, it'll stay in the kitchen for the odd listen now-and-then, and I'll look for another solution to behave properly with my devices. Such as shame because it's so close.
N.B. I'm aware you can plug a line-in source to the Sonos Connect and then play this through the PLAY:1, but there's no way I'm paying another £350 just for the privilege.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful simple little speaker, still impressive sounding for what it is, and the Sonos software and capability to stream radios, set alarms, is unmatched.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
BEST SPEAKER EWE HAVE HAD, WE NOW HAVE BOUGHT 4 SONOS AND RECOMMEND TO ANYONEPublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer