on 28 December 2013
Two strangers, Megan and Jamie, decide to spend christmas away from it all and book adjacent cottages. Neither have bought any provisions as it was meant to be included so when they are snowed in they are ill prepared.
Jamie can't find the key to his cottage so decides to spend the night in his car, Megan is so worried he will freeze she invites him to stay with her.
Started well but half way through the constant talk of the lack of food (or the odd concoctions when they do eat) started to get tiresome. I suppose I can understand they have food on the brain rather than in their stomachs!
Megan spends a lot of time thinking about her horrible ex Douglas. Megan wasn't at all sympathetic when Jamie injured his foot, whereas Jamie's character is relentlessly cheerful. The final part of the book when they leave the cottage didn't really hold my interest as much.
This was a free book when I downloaded.
on 17 December 2013
I downloaded this book for free based upon the rave reviews. I found the story to be disappointing. The first few chapters where Jamie and Megan were snowbound were not to bad but very little romance occurred. Though the characters were pleasant there was not much chemistry between them. The rest of the story followed them over the following year where Jamie ignores Megan for the most part and she realises she is in love with him. This part is unbelievable and drags on and for me is the major flaw. After they leave the cottage they only see each other a couple of times and Jamie ignores Megan's calls, but they meet just over a year later when they declare their love for each other. I'm glad I got the book for free as I would have been disappointed if I had paid £2.99 for the book.
on 14 December 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Perfect for a cold winters day, sitting in front of the fire. Would recommend to anyone.
8 people found this helpful
on 19 June 2015
Oh yes yet another wonderful read, Fantastic read I should say. One that you don't want to put down until the end.
on 21 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book was so pleased Megan didn't stay with Douglas he seemed such a well part to put it mildly , Jamie was so much nicer . Look forward to more books by this author .
on 20 January 2014
this was a very good from page 1 till the end read within a couple day couldnt put it down, its the 1st book i have read from this author well impressed
on 3 April 2014
still reading .enjoying so far .i havent read anything by this author before but i am enjoying her style of writing
on 4 April 2014
Lovely story, can relate with the character. I tend to get involved and found myself shouting at the main charater
on 10 December 2013
A very enjoyable book and I enjoyed reading it and would highly recommended to all of my friends l hope to read more like this one
on 4 December 2014
What a way to have Christmas such a good love story with so many twists with a lovely ending Enjoyed this novel well worth a read will certainly read this author again